FW: Confronting the mighty seas for 35 years

  • Sam Sause
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2010
      Gold Beach, Oregon - News and Visitor Information

      Yo PMMC Council Navy Leaguers and others – For all of you that have sailed the high seas,  or have wanted to, I hope you will enjoy the article below about a tugboat skipper’s reflections on a 35 year career for Sause Bros Ocean Towing.  I sent it to Phelps and he recommended I share it with you – It is a great read and was especially interesting to me.  Although I have only  met the skipper once or twice  (and that was many years ago ) I  actually knew the others Moe mentions in his remarks.  My Father, Henry Sause Jr., was one of the founding brothers of Sause Bros back in 1948   I spent summers working for the company through high school and college.

      Confronting the mighty seas for 35 years: Tugboat engineer and captain Moe Johnson relives his life at sea

      Published: February 18, 2010