Re: Toys for Tots

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17 1:14 PM
      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      We are very fortunate to have Gil, Karen and the Freitas family associated with our council.

      Karen is our council's Vice President - Youth Activities. Gil and son Sea Cadet Chief Davis are council Directors. Karen is an Instructor in the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets and husband Gil is the unit's Executive Officer.

      Gil is employed by Ports America at the Port of Oakland maintaining the cranes. He was expecting on Monday the three giant cranes that actually arrived Tuesday. Due to the delay he was able to attend the luncheon.

      His wife Karen and daughter Sea Cadet Kaitlynne Freitas were also there. As previously mentioned, she announced our council's Drum Roll for Toys for Tots. By the time the luncheon was over, the collection offering toy drum had $120 in donations within it! And the decorated laundry basket had a half dozen unwrapped gifts. Thanks everyone who contributed.`

      Karen again brought her violin and Kaitlynne accompanied on the harp. We thank them for the musical interlude during the luncheon.

      Thanks Gil for the toast to the Sea Cadets.

      Anticipate the council's Toys for Tots toy drum and decorated laundry basket at each of or next three luncheon meetings. Thanks Freitas family members. We will definitely exceed our 2009 council offering.

      Below is a message from Karen I want to share with you. Also the announcement of the Toy's for Tots Literacy Program.

      Phelps

      PS The Arkansas Division is prepared and ready for the unit's annual inspection this coming Saturday, March 20. I will be attending morning activities before heading over to the USS HORNET for its open house and Navy League salute. Hope to see you aboard that afternoon; be sure to have your NLUS membership card, lapel pin and stop by the NLUS table aboard.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18 6:35 AM

        Hi  Phelps,

        This was very thoughtful!  Thanks for passing the word and for giving us such a nice introduction!

        Cheers - The Freitas Family