Re: 2010 Distinguished Service Award

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
    Thank you Ed, Norma, and Mark for your votes of confidence. I appreciate them immensely.

    Three Region Navy Leaguers are on Max Miller's list having deservely earned the Navy League’s Distinguished Service Award: Paul Hughey, Lorraine Hughey, and Jeanne Sharkey. Paul has since passed over the bar; Lorraine and Jeanne continue making contributions of time, talent, and financial resources to the Navy League.

    Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 6:49 AM
    Subject: Fw: 2010 Distinguished Service Award

    FYI

    Nominations are now being accepted for the Navy League’s 2010 Distinguished Service Award, the highest award made by the League to one of its members.  It is presented to that member who has made outstanding contributions to the Navy League, especially during the preceding calendar year.  The presentation will be made at the National Convention which will be held at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel in Jacksonville, FL, October 19 – October 24, 2010.

    Phelps
    Web Yeoman

    Phelps Hobart
    President, Pacific Merchant Marine Council
    Vice President, Pacific Central Region
    Vice President, Pacific Southwest Region
    National Director
    Navy League of the United States
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCR-NLUS
    http://www.navyleague.org
    PO Box 191403
    Sacramento CA 95819-1403
    (916) 739-6949 |
    PMMC@...

    The Pacific Merchant Marine Council was chartered
    11 December 2006. It advocates for the US maritime
    industry. Luncheon meetings are the 3rd Monday in
    March, June, September, and December in the San
    Francisco Bay Area. New members welcomed!

    Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 5:58 AM
    Subject: 2010 Distinguished Service Award

    All—

    On behalf of Max Miller , Chairman of the National Award Committee, I am requesting nominations for the 2010 Distinguished Service Award.  The deadline for nominations is April 15, 2010.  Please be as thorough and detailed as possible when filling out the form. Additional pages may be used if required.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

    Best regards,

    Angie

    Angela Mogensen

    Manager, Executive Services

    Navy League of the United States

    2300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 200

    Arlington , VA 22201

    (703) 528-1775 x1554

    MEMORANDUM

    TO:                  National Officers, National Directors, National Directors Emeritus and Council Presidents

    FROM:            Max Miller

                            Chairman, National Awards Committee

    DATE:             March 1, 2010

    RE:                  2010 Distinguished Service Award

    Nominations are now being accepted for the Navy League’s 2010 Distinguished Service Award, the highest award made by the League to one of its members.  It is presented to that member who has made outstanding contributions to the Navy League, especially during the preceding calendar year.  The presentation will be made at the National Convention which will be held at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel in Jacksonville, FL, October 19 – October 24, 2010.

    The National President, the Chairman of the National Advisory Council, National Vice Presidents, the National Judge Advocate, the National Treasurer, the National Corporate Secretary, and members of the national staff are not eligible while in office.

    Past recipients of the Navy League’s Distinguished Service Award are:  Leo Porett, William J. Catlett, Jack R. McKenzie, J. W. Reeves, Peter Kirill, George C. Gilman, James V. Grealish, Thomas E. Morris, Vincent T. Hirsch, Wallace F. King, DeWitt J. Griffin, Winifred Q. Collins, William Dino, Peter Macdonald, Norma Batchelder, Richard T. Kemper, Donald C. Morency, Ludevit Cerven, Jack H. Morse, Arthur L. Conrad, Frances Z. Heppe, Shirrell and Shirley Richey, Josephine C. Mockabee, Paul F. Hughey, Earnest G. Campbell, Robert E. Bateman, Patricia Osborne, Francis B. Crocco, Nicholas Brango, Owen and Betty Siler, Wilbur K. Hammaker, James A. Hotham, William E. Weisert, Lorraine D. Hughey, John J. Schiff, Gene Bullock, Hector I. Nieves, Donald R. Misura, Harold B. Estes, Robert C. Morrison, James H. Thach III, John M. Barry, Walter H. Reese, Nicholas D. Ricco, Jeanne Sharkey, Connie O. Los, Herbert A. Jordan, Robert A. Ravitz Carol Meteney and Peter Thorand.

    The enclosed form must be used when submitting the nomination.  Please provide, in detail, the nominee's contributions to the Navy League – particularly on the national level; additional pages may be used if required.  All nominations should be sent to me, in care of Angela Mogensen, at National Headquarters by April 15, 2010.

  • WO Guilherme Freitas, USNSCC
    Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2010
      I too "aye" the nomination of Phelps Hobart for the NLUS Distinguished Service Award.

      His sustained superior performance in all things Navy League of the United States needs to be recognized.

      Who is supposed to make the nomination? Who is Phelps' NLUS boss?

           Warrant Officer Guilherme Freitas, USNSCC
           Executive Officer, Arkansas Division, Pacific Central Region,
           United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps
    • capt.ob@comcast.net
      Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2010
        I too say aye to Phelps receiving this award...Captain K.C. O'Brien

        I too "aye" the nomination of Phelps Hobart for the NLUS Distinguished Service Award.
        His sustained superior performance in all things Navy League of the United States needs to be recognized.

        Who is supposed to make the nomination? Who is Phelps' NLUS boss?

             Warrant Officer Guilherme Freitas, USNSCC
             Executive Officer, Arkansas Division, Pacific Central Region,
             United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps

        Thanks All!
        Phelps

      • highlandlight@comcast.net