Re: [PMMC-NLUS] Pacific Merchant Marine Council Luncheon Fundraiser, 3/15/2010, 11:30 am

  • edward dangler
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
      President Phelps--- I look forward to seeing you and the PMMC guys at the luncheon.  If someone in Palo Alto area needs a ride to the event, if they contact me at  408-394-9309  I can help out.

      Re nominations for distinguished NLUS award, I nominate you for the progress our council has made since its inception, in terms of new membership, retention, programs of interest, support of Sea Cadet programs et al.

      Ed Dangler

      Date: Monday March 15, 2010
      Time: 11:30 am - 1:45 pm
      Location: International Maritime Center (IMC), Port of Oakland Outer Harbor
      Street: 4001 7th Street
      City State Zip: Oakland California
      Phone: (510) 865-0993 | samsause@...
      Notes:

      � Time: 1130 Meet and Greet, 1200 Lunch

      � Place: International Maritime Center (IMC), 4001 7th Street, Port of Oakland, Outer Harbor. The IMC is located at the end of 7th Street in Point View Park.

      � Menu: Five course Chinese feast. You won't be disappointed.

      � Cost: $25 advance reservation by check. $30 without reservation. $15 for those joining the PMMC Council day of lunch ($50 1 year, $90 2 years, $120 3 years, $500 life)

      � Opportunity To Win: Winner Splits 50/50 cash raffle drawing with the IMC

      � Dress: Business or casual

      � Program: Outreach to Seafarers, a councle 2010 - The Year of the Seafarer" themed events. Come meet and hear IMC Program Coordinator Jim Lindgrin and IMC Community Relations Coordinator Adrien Yee tell us about how they, along with 20 volunteers and two chaplains, are part of a vast but little known network of centers that provide hospitality and outreach to seafarers at major ports around the globe. Learn how the Oakland International Maritime Center is carrying on the long tradition of caring for seafarers in the San Francisco Bay area that started in the early 1850s. This like the other centers is vital to the quality of the seafarer's life. You will also view the Oakland Outer harbor up close and personal: container ships, cranes and container haulers moving containers in and out of the piers.

      � RSVP Early: Head count is important as the meal will be catered. Make check payable to Sam Sause then mail it to Program Chair Sam Sause, Senior Vice President, Pacific Merchant Marine Council, 816 Grand Street, Alameda CA 94501

    • N.B. Von Dohren
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
        I second the motion (re. your nomination for distinguished NLUS award).

        Vr,
        Norma von Dohren

        President Phelps--- I look forward to seeing you and the PMMC guys at the luncheon.  If someone in Palo Alto area needs a ride to the event, if they contact me at  408-394-9309  I can help out.

        Re nominations for distinguished NLUS award, I nominate you for the progress our council has made since its inception, in terms of new membership, retention, programs of interest, support of Sea Cadet programs et al.

        Ed Dangler
      • MARK L SHAFER
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010