Toys for Tots

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28 8:56 AM
      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      Karen Freitas, Vice President - Youth Programs, has the go ahead to start a new council initiative. She will introduce Toys for Tots at our March 15 meeting.

      Karen is going with a "Drum Theme" to drum up interest. She will pass out a "Drum Card" as a reminder to encourage us to donate throughout the year to the council's program. As we progress she will make "Drum Roll Announcements" as to what we have collected in the way of funds and toys.

      She is modifying a toy drum to collect donations at luncheon meetings - cash, checks, or even drawing tickets (in case you care to be involved in the drawing but would like to donate possible winning tickets to Toys for Tots). She will also have a decorated like a drum laundry basket to put unwrapped toys into. At a future meeting we will donate what is collected to a Toys for Tots San Francisco Bay Area representative.

      She is commended for this initiative. We are fortunate to have her aboard our council and the assistance she offers.

      This growing council welcomes an initiative you may be thinking about and your involvement in the life of the council.

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS

      PS We will be presenting Karen a NLUS lapel pin at the March 15 luncheon.
      PSS The Toys for Tots Christmas Club 2010 may interest you in addition to our council "Drum Theme" program.

      Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:00 AM
      Subject: Toys for Tots Christmas Club 2010

      TFT_eNews_header

      Phelps, we count on our Christmas Club members most.
      Will you join today?

      Dear Pacific Merchant Marine Council Members,

      It's easy to forget things.  We've all done it.  Even with the best of intentions, things slip through the cracks because life is...well, busy!

      But, I know you'd never want a child to feel forgotten on Christmas morning and that's why I'm writing to you again about the importance of the Marine Toys for Tots Christmas Club

      We need more members in the Toys for Tots Christmas Club and I think you'd feel great being part of it.  You see, Christmas Club gifts we receive throughout the year help us take advantage of off-season discounts from our toy suppliers.  And when dollars are stretched, more children can be helped!

      It's quick and easy to become a Christmas Club member.  Click here to join and then enjoy knowing all year long that you're making a difference in the lives of less fortunate children.

      Thank you, Navy Leaguers, for taking a few minutes today to help a child feel the hope that comes with an unexpected gift from a stranger and knowing someone cares...someone like you!

      With my deepest thanks,

       Bill Grein
      William J. Grein
      Major, USMC (Ret.)
      Vice President
      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

      P.S.  And remember to share this message with a friend or family member who you feel might also like to support Toys for Tots!  We need more dedicated and compassionate friends like you!

      *****

      Did you receive this e-mail from a friend?  Would you like to receive e-mail updates like this from the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation on a regular basis? It's easy, just sign up here.

       christmas club

      Our generous supporters help millions of children at Christmas.  Isn't the smile on a child's face when they receive a gift the best gift of all?

      Girl opening present

      Home | Donate Online | Toy Drop-Offs | About Toys for Tots |

      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

      18251 Quantico Gateway Drive | Triangle, VA 22172

      OUR MISSION:
      The mission of the Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys, books and other gifts during October, November and December each year, and distribute those gifts as Christmas presents to less fortunate children in the community in which the campaigns are conducted.

      Forward to a Friend

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2010
        Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
        Ahoy Members and Friends,

        We are very fortunate to have Gil, Karen and the Freitas family associated with our council.

        Karen is our council's Vice President - Youth Activities. Gil and son Sea Cadet Chief Davis are council Directors. Karen is an Instructor in the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets and husband Gil is the unit's Executive Officer.

        Gil is employed by Ports America at the Port of Oakland maintaining the cranes. He was expecting on Monday the three giant cranes that actually arrived Tuesday. Due to the delay he was able to attend the luncheon.

        His wife Karen and daughter Sea Cadet Kaitlynne Freitas were also there. As previously mentioned, she announced our council's Drum Roll for Toys for Tots. By the time the luncheon was over, the collection offering toy drum had $120 in donations within it! And the decorated laundry basket had a half dozen unwrapped gifts. Thanks everyone who contributed.`

        Karen again brought her violin and Kaitlynne accompanied on the harp. We thank them for the musical interlude during the luncheon.

        Thanks Gil for the toast to the Sea Cadets.

        Anticipate the council's Toys for Tots toy drum and decorated laundry basket at each of or next three luncheon meetings. Thanks Freitas family members. We will definitely exceed our 2009 council offering.

        Below is a message from Karen I want to share with you. Also the announcement of the Toy's for Tots Literacy Program.

        Phelps

        PS The Arkansas Division is prepared and ready for the unit's annual inspection this coming Saturday, March 20. I will be attending morning activities before heading over to the USS HORNET for its open house and Navy League salute. Hope to see you aboard that afternoon; be sure to have your NLUS membership card, lapel pin and stop by the NLUS table aboard.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010

          Hi  Phelps,

          This was very thoughtful!  Thanks for passing the word and for giving us such a nice introduction!

          Cheers - The Freitas Family