Re: 7th annual San Francisco Ocean Film Festival, February 3-7

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2010
      ´╗┐
      An update on the January 7 initial announcement. Please pass the word.

      I am contining to collect date, time, place, cost, etc. of events of possible interest to Navy Leaguers in the Pacific Central Region.

      Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:17 PM
      Subject: Final Countdown, Benefit Raffle, Kick-Off Party and More!

      Click to view this email in a browser

      San Francisco Ocean Film Festival
      January 21, 2010

      In This Edition

      Become a Festival Supporter

      Please consider making a donation to us! Your contribution will be tax deductible and go directly towards bringing the best ocean films and filmmakers from around the world to Bay Area audiences. With your help, we can increase active participation in ocean conservation. THANK YOU.

       Donate Now

      Don't forget to check out our website to find out what we're doing and how you can join in: www.oceanfilmfest.org

      Join the Conversation

      FaceBook  Flickr   YouTubeTwitter

             Less than Two Weeks Until Opening Day!
      Terra-Antarctica-Kayakers-a.jpgLess than two weeks to go until opening day of the 7th annual San Francisco Ocean Film Festival, February 3-7, at Theatre 39 on PIER 39.  With more than 50 Films, ranging from sharks to surfing, island culture to conservation and much more, this year's Festival is set to be the most action-packed yet.

      The Festival is divided into 12 programs, which each feature 3-5 films as well as the opportunity to interact with filmmakers.

      Isla-Holbox-Whale-Shark-mou.jpgMore than 25 filmmakers will be onsite to lead Q&A sessions during film screenings, as well as to mingle at the Meet the Filmmakers Reception at Aquarium of the Bay on Friday, February 5.  Participating filmmakers for the 2010 Festival include:

      Individual program tickets, Film Program, Festival Passes, VIP Passes, Discounted Parking Passes and more are available to purchase online.

                                Benefit Drawing

      Purchase your $10 benefit raffle drawing ticket today, for the chance to win an adventure of a lifetime, compliments of O.A.R.S. Imagine paddling alongside orcas as you and a guest spend four days exploring the magnificent coastline of western British Columbia in your new Kokatat TecTour Anorak jackets, returning each night to gourmet meals at a seaside lodge. In the summer, more than 150 orcas gather in the Johnstone Strait to the northeast of Vancouver Island.

      The drawing will be held following the last screening on Sunday, February 7th. The winner-and it could be you-need not be present to win.

      Riptide-Party.jpg      Kick-Off Party at The Riptide

      Can't wait until February 3rd?  Neither can we!  Join us next Wednesday, January 27 at The Riptide Bar for the official Festival kick-off party.  Purchase tickets for the Festival, enjoy free food (while it lasts), music by DJ Paul and check out the official 2010 Festival trailer and previous festival surf films.  Sierra Nevada will donate $1 to the festival for every one of their beers sold.

      Festival Blog

      Dive deeper into the lives of the filmmakers and organizers behind the San Francisco Ocean Film Festival by checking out our blog.  Read interviews with filmmakers, check out film trailers and more to help you decide which programs to attend.  With such an incredible lineup, why not make the decision easy by purchasing a Film Program, Festival or VIP pass?

                              Thank You to Our Sponsors

      We are pleased to announce the official sponsors of the 7th annual San Francisco Ocean Film Festival.  The generous support of these organizations allows us to bring you a world class event and the best in marine-focused films.

      Presenting Sponsors:

                TBI.jpg     National-Marine-Sanctuaries.jpg       AOTBlogo.jpg
      Premiere Sponsor:

      PIER39webnews.jpg

      Supporting Sponsors:

                            Fishermans-Wharfnews.jpg    OARS-LRnews.jpg   Port-of-SFnews.jpg

      Media Sponsors:

      SFmagazineWeb.jpg      KGO Radio web.jpgSF Examiner LR.jpg ABC.jpg

      copyright┬ę2010 San Francisco Ocean Film Festival info@...

      The San Francisco Ocean Film Festival is a volunteer-driven 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to using film to improve public understanding of the environmental, social and cultural importance of marine ecosystems and to increase active participation in ocean conservation.

      Forward this message to a friend | visit us at oceanfilmfest.org

      San Francisco Ocean Film Festival
      1007 General Kennedy Ave, Ste.205
      San Francisco, California 94129