2010 Northern California Mega Region Summit March 26

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 251 KB
    Message
    Ahoy Again Members and Friends,

    We welome council members at the Summit and reception the evening before. It would be wonderful to have enough attend to sponsor a table. We will endeavor to distribute Navy League information and membership applications at this event. Just one new Community Affiliate membership ($400, $160 council rebate) will cover our expense attending.

    Gaining steam as we move forward as a council.

    Phelps

    PS The attachment  is a Tagged Image File Format (abbreviated TIFF), a file format for storing images, including photographs and line art. As of 2009, it is under the control of Adobe Systems. Originally created by the company Aldus for use with what was then called "desktop publishing", the TIFF format is widely supported by image-manipulation applications, by publishing and page layout applications, by scanning, faxing, word processing, optical character recognition and other applications. Adobe Systems, which acquired Aldus, now holds the copyright to the TIFF specification. TIFF has not had a major update since 1992, though several Aldus/Adobe technical notes have been published with minor extensions to the format, and several specifications, including TIFF/EP (ISO 12234-2) and TIFF/IT (ISO 12639) have been based on the TIFF 6.0 specification.

    Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 5:57 PM
    Subject: 2010 Northern California Mega Region Summit March 26

    Navy Leaguers - especially those in the San Francisco Bay Area,

    If you or your council should have an interest in the future development of the Port of Oakland, attending the Thursday March 25 reception and the Friday March 26 "2010 Northern California MegaRegion Summit: Moving America's Economic Recovery Forward" , http://www.oakbiz.biz/MegaRegionSummit.page, should be calendared. Please print out the attachment for details and background. Individual tickets for the event are $80 per person.

    The Pacific Merchant Marine Council received notice of the summit because we have a seat on the California Marine & Intermodal Transportation System Advisory Council (CALMITSAC). In fact one of our council members, Capt. Robert Dockendorff, USN (Ret.) is the chairman. The Pacific Merchant Marine Council supports the U. S. flag Merchant Marine: U. S. owned, built, and staffed ships, the nation's maritime industry and the maritime trade organizations. We have an interest in the prosperity and security of our ports.

    The council's March 15 luncheon meeting will be at the Port of Oakland when we sponsor a fundraiser, $25 per person, at and for the International Maritime Center, 4001 7th Street. An invitation will be E-mailed soon.

    We welcome company from other Navy League councils at these special events.

    Phelps Hobart, President
    Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS
    PMMC at cwo dot com

    Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 2:12 PM
    Subject: FW: Norman Read This....

    From our member, Dick Coyle.  I encourage you all to think about attending (particularly those in Northern California).

    Norm

    "No one is exempt from the call to find common ground"

    Norman Fassler-Katz, Sr. Consultant
    Senate Transportation
    Sub-Committee on California Ports and Goods Movement
    Legislative Office Building-Room 554
    1020 N Street
    Sacramento, CA 95814
    916-651-1893 (direct)