Fw: Support for HR 2651 Maritime Workforce Development Act

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
    Letter from the council being prepared.

    Phelps
    ________________________________

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Berit Eriksson
    Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 2:23 PM
    Subject: Support for HR 2651 Maritime Workforce Development Act

    Hello all,

    I am hoping that some of you would be willing to write Senator Boxer a
    letter of support for HR 2651. I have attached the legislation (that has
    passed the House), the floor debate where it passed by voice vote, 2 sample
    letters from 2006 (we have been working on this for 5 years)from Foss
    Maritime and the Passenger Vessel Assoc, and current sample letter from the
    CA. AFL-CIO to Sen. Boxer. The 2006 letters refer to its old title before it
    received the HR 2651 title.

    The Senator may want to introduce it in the Senate Commerce Comm. if there
    is broad CA industry support, so the members of CALMITSAC fit the bill. If
    you want to weigh in, fax the letter to Senator Boxer at 202-224-0454 then
    mail hard copy. Scan and email to DC & SF staff as cc's;

    bridget_petruczok@...
    megan_miller@...

    Then cc me as well. Thank you for your attention and I look forward to
    hearing from you all. Please feel free to call or email me with any
    questions.

    Regards,

    Berit Eriksson
    Director of Workforce Development
    Andrew Furuseth School of Seamanship/Sailors Union of the Pacific
    450 Harrison Street
    San Francisco, CA. 94105
    Cell 206-551-1870
    Fax 415-371-1593