Fw: Thank you for your generous donation to Toys for Tots

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2009
      Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      Let me take this opportunity to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas!

      This year the council contributed to Toys for Tots online. The form asked if the gift was in honor of someone and I indicated YES - the American Merchant Marine Veterans and specifically identified our friends in the Golden Gate Chapter. If you are interested in making a personal online contribution visit http://toysfortots.org.

      Next year we will fold our council's involvement with Toys for Tots into our budding Youth Activities program. For the physical collection of toys, the council's main collection drive will be early. Our 3rd quarter 3rd Monday luncheon meeting in September, 20 September 2010, is the logical time and date since our Annual Meeting, the 3rd Monday in December, is a bit late to collect and distribute toys before Christmas.

      Heave Ho!

      Phelps

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2009
        Dear Phelps,
        Toys For Tots is one of my philanthrophies. Last Year I had a banner made 4ft X 20ft ($971.00) and collected 4,200 toys. This year we collected over 4,000 toys. Kerry
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 28, 2009
          Marine Toys for Tots Foundation