Invitation: Pacific Merchant Marine Council 3rd Anniversary Luncheon, 21 December

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2009

      “Citizens in Support of the Sea Services”

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council

      You, your family, friends and associates are cordially invited to our 3rd Anniversary Luncheon ~ our Holiday Luncheon

      Date: Monday, 21 December 2009

      Time: Social 1130 ~ Lunch 1200

      Place: National Historic Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN, Pier 45, San Francisco

      Program: Vice Admiral Jody Breckenridge, Commander Coast Guard Pacific Area ~ Priorities within the Pacific Area

      Cost: $25 with advance reservation by check ~ $30 without

      Details:
      Please send reservation check payable to Phelps Hobart to
      PO Box 191403, Sacramento CA 95819-1403.
      Donations in addition always welcome – they help us support the O’BRIEN and the Sea Cadets.
      Guests welcome. Complementary lunch for guests who join the Navy League and affiliate with the council.
      Menu features a catered buffet hot meal with cake.
      Ship T'wen Deck Hold #2 decorated by the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.
      Side Boys, Color Guard, and Piper duties performed by Arkansas Division Sea Cadets for VAdm. Breckenridge
      Refreshments; donations of beverages and cash for drinks appreciated.
      Popular fund-raising “Opportunity To Win” (50 - 50 drawing) to aid council support for the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN and the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.
      Complementary parking in covered shed C adjacent to the ship.
      Share news, a sea story, a joke, or a remark.
      Nominations, election, and installation of 2010 officers and directors.
      Council board meeting follows the luncheon.
      Temperature possibly cool; dress accordingly.
      Docent lead ship tours before and after the luncheon.
      Next luncheon scheduled for Monday, March 15.
      Information: (916) 739-6949, PMMC@....

      The Navy League of the United States, founded with President Roosevelt's encouragement in 1902, is a civilian organization with approximately 53,000 members. The League reminds the American public and government officials that the United States is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well being are dependent upon strong sea services - the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and U. S. flag Merchant Marine. NLUS and its 250 councils sponsor activities, events, and awards along with supporting military and Sea Cadet units. Its monthly magazine Sea Power covers United States maritime defense news. The council newsletter is Captain's Call.
      The Pacific Merchant Marine Council, chartered
      11 December 2006, supports the United States maritime industry. Luncheon meetings are quarterly. June 15 we visited Quinn's Lighthouse Restaurant and Pub, Oakland, for a delicious luncheon and excellent panel presentation on Short Sea Shipping out of Oakland. September 21 we returned aboard the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN, Pier 45 San Francisco, with a presentation on the Maritime Administration / Military Sealift Command vessels transiting San Francisco Bay. December 21 again aboard the O'BRIEN we have our 3rd Anniversary and Holidays Luncheon with VAdm. Jody Breckenridge, Commander USCG Pacific Area as guest of honor and speaker.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2009

        Ahoy All,

        Postcard notices of this invitation were mailed to all members. A percentage do not receive Email so these postal mail luncheon meeting announcement and occasional telephone calls are the main communications with these members. Once you read it, share it with a potential guest.

        Merchant Marine newspapers and magazines are beginning to stack up in my den. I was wondering if they could be recirculated at the luncheon. My thought was we could have a table for exchanging maritime books, magazines, and newspapers. I'll bring what I have and you are welcome to bring what you have. Then take what you want. Guess I hate to see good printed materials disposed of as trash. What's left over we can give to the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets.

        All the best. The luncheon is going to be special with all that is scheduled. Bring guests. Bring your appitite.

        Heave Ho!

        Phelps

        Date: Monday, 21 December 2009

        Time: Social 1130 ~ Lunch 1200