Re: USCG Air Station Sacramento C-130 and USMC AH-1W Super Cobra helicopter collide Oct. 29

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2009
      From: William G. Schultz williamschultz at sbcglobal dot net
      Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 9:28 PM
      Subject: FW: Donations for the families of CG-1705

      Dear Navy Leaguers,
      I received a message from good friend LT Rob Bixler, Aide to RADM Joseph R.Castillo, Commander Eleventh Coast Guard District. You may have heard of the loss of a Coast Guard C-135 aircraft, with a crew of seven, and a Marine Corps Helicopter and its crew of two. The mid-air collision took place last evening at 7:10 PM, close to Catalina Island. No signs of life have been found.

      http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/1030/p02s25-usgn.html

      Financial support for the survivors is requested. The support agency is the Coast Guard Family Disaster Relief Fund. A link to the fund is here: http://www.coastguardfoundation.org/

      Click on DONATE NOW, fill out all pertinent information. Under Area of support click on FAMILY DISASTER RELIEF FUND. Under SPECIFY OTHER AREA OF SUPPORT type in specific information that will help identify family support for CG-1705 Air Station Sacramento.

      Very respectfully,

      Bill

      William G. Schultz, President
      Santa Clara Valley Council, Navy League of the United States

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2009