Marine Exchange of San Francisco Bay Region reciprocal membership

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2009
      Members and Friends,

      Last week the council received a letter from Capt. Lynn Korwatch, Executive Director of the Marine Exchange of San Francisco Bay Region.

      She wrote in part:

      "While we do not often provide honorary memberships we would be happy to accept your offer for a reciprocal membership arrangement between our two organizations. We value the service you provide our service men and women and the recognition you bring to the Merchant Marine.

      We will list your organization in our soon-to-be-published Golden Gate Handbook.

      Please let us know what else we can assist you with."

      We have the highest respect for the Marine Exchange. The council is most appreciative of the membership and looks forward to a cordial relationship. We will endeavor to be helpful to the Exchange and its staff.

      The membership should expand our horizon. I suspect one could count on one hand the Navy League councils with Marine Exchange memberships.

      Please visit http://www.sfmx.org.

      Your comments on this or any of our initiatives are always welcome.

      Phelps

      PS Both Captain Korwatch and her husband are long-standing Navy League members.

      About Us

      Marine transportation in the Bay Area is supported and enhanced around the clock by the Marine Exchange, a non-profit, membership organization.

      Its primary efforts focus on collecting and disseminating shipping information, facilitating communication and discussion in the community, and identifying and developing improvements.

      The scope of the activities in which the Marine Exchange is involved is as broad as that of the shipping industry itself. It ranges from forecasting, tracking, statistical analysis, operational support and communications to industry forums and collaborative programs.

      The Marine Exchange is also a charter member of Maritime Information Services of North America (MISNA) http://www.misnadata.org, an association of maritime service organizations which pool resources and information to offer a broader range of services and coverage.

      "I Will Not Abandon You"
      "I Will Not Abandon You",
      the commemorative painting
      by Norman Wilkinson,
      is housed in our offices.
      You can stop by and view it,
      or buy the lithograph.

      Marine Exchange of San Francisco Bay Region
      Established 1849
      Executive Director:  Capt. Lynn Korwatch
      Fort Mason Centre, Building B, Suite 325
      San Francisco, California, United States
      94123
      Ph: (415) 441-6600
      Fax: (415) 441-3080
      Email: