Ancient Mariners - Navy League Pearl Harbor Remberance Luncheon, Monday, December 7

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2009

      Council director Captain Mark Shafer has arranged for us to participate in the Ancient Mariners annual remembrance of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Member Captain Frank Medeiros will lead the presentation on the attack. Several veterans present during the attack have been invited and are expected. This promises to be a well attended special event, one of a number here in Northern California.

      This luncheon is in addition to our council's 3rd Anniversary Luncheon - Meeting on the S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN Monday, December 21.

      Information on the Oyster Point Marina/Park: http://www.smharbor.com/oysterpoint
      Information on the Yacht Club: http://www.opyc.com
      Information on the Inn at Oyster Point: http://www.innatoysterpoint.com

      If you arrange invitations for our members to other special events - holiday, military, or maritime - please send me the details and I will pass the word.

      Heave Ho!

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS
      PMMC at cwo dot com
      __________________________________

      Ancient Mariners ~ Navy League

      Invitation

      What:
      Pearl Harbor Remembrance Luncheon

      When:
      1130, Monday, December 7th

      Where:
      Oyster Point Yacht Club
      911 Marina Boulevard
      South San Francisco, CA 94080-1926
      (Exit Highway 101 north of San Francisco Airport,
      east on Oyster Point Boulevard one mile to Marina
      Boulevard)

      Program:
      Captain Frank Medeiros and others,
      December 7, 1941 - A date that will live in infamy

      Entree choices:
      Filet Mignon or Filet of Salmon
      Both with a champagne sauce

      Cost:
      $30

      Reservations by check not later than December 1:
      Jeanne Martin, Registrar
      1564 Lago Street, San Mateo CA 94403-2008
      (650) 345-7029, opyc1st at yahoo dot com

      Please indicate your choice of entree.

      Additional Information:
      Captain Mark Shafer
      (415) 479-0382, oldmariner at sbcglobal dot net

      San Francisco                                                       Oyster Point