Fw: Long Beach Seafarers Center is barely treading water

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks Sam,

    Very thoughtful response.

    I concur!

    I wish we had received notice of this invitation long ago!

    Still, a most worthwhile cause, a nice invitation, and at least we found out
    about it now. I suspect no one will be turned away at the door Thursday.

    The Pacific Merchant Marine Council will do what it can for the Oakland
    International Maritime Center and encourages other councils to do so as
    well.

    Sam Sause, President of the Alameda Council, and Director on our council,
    you are our contact person. We greatly appreciate your service within the
    Navy League and on the board of the Oakland International Maritime Center.
    We also appreciate Captain Manny Aschemeyer's service within the Navy
    League, Long Beach Council, and as President of the Long Beach Seafarers
    Center.

    Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS

    Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2009