Sea Cadet's 47th Anniversary September 10, Pass in Review September 13

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2009
    Ahoy Members and friends,

    To refresh your memory, check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/message/484 and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/message/485. Those August 13 messages gave advance notice of the special Sea Cadet event this coming weekend. Below is the message I sent out to the Pacific Central Region, NLUS, leadership, with a copy to Pacific Central Region, USNSCC, leadership.

    The council is excited about our new relationship with the Merchant Marine slanted Arkansas Division. This Sunday is our opportunity to see the special Battalion Pass-In-Review. I know some of you will be there; for those undecided, show up - you will be impressed.

    Let me also remind you that the Arkansas Division's Commanding Officer, Captain Tim Cogan, is one of our guest speakers at our luncheon on Monday, September 21 aboard the O'BRIEN. I know others on the Arkansas Division leadership team will be at the luncheon as well; likely some Sea Cadets too!

    At a future date, we will presenting Navy League youth awards to a Arkansas Division Sea Cadet and Arkansas Division League Cadet. More on that in a future message.

    Thanks for keeping your Navy League membership current. Do hope to see you Sunday, September 13 and then Monday, September 21. No reservations for the former and highly appreciated for the latter.

    Anchors Aweigh for the Sea Cadets and the Pacific Merchant Marine Council!

    President

    Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:36 PM
    Subject: Sea Cadet's 47th Anniversary September 10, Pass in Review September 13

    PIR
    Pass-In-Review, Camp Parks, Dublin, CA

    The Pacific Central Region, NLUS, salutes the Pacific Central Region, USNSCC, on the Sea Cadet's 47th anniversary! All the best for a strong finish this year and in the years ahead. We are with you!

    Attached is the Plan of the Day for the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps Pacific Central Region Pass-In-Review at Parks Reserve Forces Training Area (also know as Camp Parks), Dublin, California.

    Guests attending Sunday, September 13, to watch the battalion march on the Parade Grounds should arrive not later than 1130. The ceremony begins at 1145. We are advised to bring a parasol or wear a wide brim hat for protection against the sun. A chair too if you care to sit. At the gate, one needs a valid drivers license, vehicle registration, and proof of vehicle insurance.

    At the Pass-In-Review units from Pacific Central Region compete against each other. Camaraderie along with completive activities for the Cadets start Friday evening, continue through Saturday, culminating with the Pass-In-Review.
    There is a Sea Cadet Region Fundraiser again this year. Details should be available from Sea Cadet units and Lorraine Hughey at Camp Parks and from your council Vice President, Youth Affairs, Please participate in the annual event at the council level and by encouraging League members, friends, and associates to donate. This is the opportunity to win some wonderful prizes.

    Let's have a good showing Sunday and with the fundraiser.

    Web Yeoman
    Pacific Central Region, NLUS
    ______________________________

    United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps,  http://www.seacadets.org

    Camp Parks Reserve Forces Training Area (RFTA) http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/camp-parks.htm

    Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2009
      Region 12 Belt Buckle
      New Region 12 Belt Buckle

      BRAVO ZULU to the Arkansas Division - leadership and cadets! A number of 1st places in the various competitions and 2nd overall in the 2009 Region 12 Pass-In-Review!

      The Arkansas Division League Cadet and Sea Cadet of the year were announced at Pass-In-Review:

           League Cadet: ABLE CADET STEPHAN SOBOLEV

           Sea Cadet: CHIEF PETTY OFFICER DAVIS FREITAS

      Ahead, the presentation of our Navy League youth awards to these two - date, time, place to be announced.

      The Arkansas Division will be involved in a variety of service and training activities in the weeks ahead.

      During San Francisco Fleet Week there will be a Sea Cadets recruiting booth at the head of Pier 39.

      Photos, including PIR 2009, and information for the Region 12 Sea Cadets may be found at: http://www.eteamz.com/pcr12/.

      Cadet Kristin Wojkowski writes:

      Information on the Sea Cadets Annual Fundraiser will be in another message. We ask for support through our council and the Arkansas Division.

      Please, if you feel called to financially support the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets through the Pacific Merchant Marine Council, contact me. It would be wonderful if one or more members came forth to supplement what we will provide from the limited resources in our council treasury.

      Phelps

      Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2009
        Examples of the training available within the Sea Cadet program. More in San Diego and elsewhere.

        The Arkansas Division is fortunate to have training facilities within the USCG Station Yerba Buena Island.

        Phelps