Arkansas Division Sea Cadets news

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2009
      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      I must share with you recent messages from the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets, the unit we support.

      The bottom one is a reminder of the Battalion Pass in Review at Camp Parks, Dublin the morning of Sunday, September 13. Let me encourage you along with Gil Freitas to take your family, especially children and grandchildren, to this free event. Please wear your Navy League lapel pin but then I hope you wear it frequently wherever you go.

      I thank all the volunteers devoted to the S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN including the Sea Cadets. Lunch for the crew working aboard the ship the day of our luncheon, Monday, September 21, is complements of the council.

      Keep in touch,

      President

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2010
        Gil,

        It was good to spend some time with you and the Arkansas Division staff and cadets Saturday!

        In meeting with RADM. Castillo, USCG, Commander 11th District that afternoon, I expresses your division's gratitude for being able to use USCG Sector San Francisco's facilities on Yerba Buena Island. He said he would do what he could to get the cadets aboard the cutters Pike, Trout, and Aspen. He really didn't know what the current policy is but agreed it made sense since they are homeported right there. He seemed most interested and agreeable.

        I will keep in touch with him on this matter. Meanwhile, if possible, meet with the skippers about it.

        St. Nick at the tiller,

        Phelps

        PS Thanks for your willingness to bring two or three wreaths over to the O'BRIEN and the pierside Merchant Marine monuments the afternoon of the 11th.