Re: [PMMC-NLUS] Merchant Marine veterans in the news

  • capt.ob@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24 12:59 PM
      The Merchant Marine represents the civilian shipping flying that country's flag.

      I repeat: In time of war, the US Merchant Marine (American flag vessels) are under the Department of Navy, which answers to TRANSCOM at Scott Air Force Base.If one sails in an American Flag Merchant Vessel, he or she is an American Merchant Mariner, sailing in the   United States Merchant Marine.

      The United States Maritime Service, or USMS is under MARAD. Officers like Adms. Tom Patterson, George Jahn,and Frank X. Johnston  received their Commissions from this Enity. I have several United States Maritime Service Commissions in my office beside me that I would be willing to share with anyone one disputes this. They state that the Merchant Marine Officer named is hereby commissioned a Lt. Cdr in the US Maritime Service.

      Reference: United States Naval War College.

      Captain K.C. O'Brien, United States Merchant Marine(ret MMP)