Re: Captain Richard Phillips, USMM

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2009

      We didn't bring Captain Phillips on board our Pacific Merchant Marine Council but the Navy League horored him big time! Good going headquarters.

      Phelps

      __________________________________

      http://www.marinelog.com/DOCS/NEWSMMIX/2009jun00162.html

      US NAVY PHOTO

      June 16, 2009

      Navy League honors Captain Richard Phillips

      The Navy League of the United States has presented Capt. Richard Phillips the Admiral Arleigh Burke Leadership Award.

      "The Arleigh Burke Leadership Award is our most prestigious award," said J. Michael McGrath, national president of the Navy League...

      http://www.navyleague.org/

      Navy League Awards Captain Richard Phillips Admiral Arleigh Burke Award

      Video of Board of Directors' Meeting Dinner with guest speaker Vice Adm. Michael Vitale, commander Navy Installations Command, and presentation of the Adm. Arleigh Burke Leadership Award to Captain Phillips.

      --- In PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com, "Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS" <pmmc@...> wrote:

      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      Probably several councils would like to have Captain Phillips as a member - for sure we would. Anyone care to contribute $50 or so toward that $500 Navy League Life Membership? The council will match your contribution dollar for dollar.

      Captain MacKenzie is on the Pacific Merchant Marine Council Advisory Board. We thank him for this suggestion.

      Let me know ASAP - I would like to process the application Monday.

      President