Re: Pacific Maritime Magazine

    Message 1 of 3 , May 29 2:33 PM
      "John Denham is a retired USN Captain, licensed Master Mariner, former San Francisco pilot, maritime academy teacher, and author with extensive experience as a marine consultant. He is also author of The Assistant and DD 891."

      http://gcaptain.com/maritime/blog/author/johndenham/

      Posts by john.denham:

      Report on 9th Maritime Leadership Symposium
      NTSB/USCG Report on Cosco Busan - Analysis of the Analysis
      Sea Stories - A Break-Bulk Mate's Bad Day
      Bye Bye Buoy - Sinking Of The "SF" Sea Buoy
      and 19 other interesting posts.

      The two books he authored are available on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=John%20G.%20Denham&results-process=default.

      I am pleased to announce Captain Denham has come on board the Navy League and our council. He will be at the luncheon June 15, hopefully with a stact of Pacific Maritime Magazine (subscriptions encouraged). He has agreed to serve as a Director and the council's Board of Directors has approved his welcome addition to the team. He will be our interface with the magazine.

      Also approved to join the board is relatively new member Roger Bazeley. We introduced him at our March 16 luncheon on the O'BRIEN.

      Phelps
      ________________________________

      --- In PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com, "Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS" <pmmc@...> wrote:

      Dear Members and Friends,

      One of the individuals I met at the Symposium is Capt. John Denham, USN (Ret.) He has done a lot in his maritime career; he was the skipper of the USS SACRAMENTO (AOE-1) and Base Commander of the Naval Weapons Station Concord upon its decommissioning. He is well familiar with the Navy League. John now is a Special Features Correspondent with the very informative Pacific Maritime Magazine. His most recent contribution was a thorough investigative report on the COSCO Busan accident in San Francisco Bay 7 November 2007.

      He will be attending our council luncheon in Oakland. Do come on out and greet him.

      Remember it is 1130, Monday, June 15 at Quinn's Lighthouse Restaurant and Pub, Oakland. Look forward to a delicious luncheon and a panel presentation on Short Sea Shipping out of San Francisco Bay. Cost $25 in advance; guests who join the Navy League and affiliate with our council complementary.

      We thank him for getting our luncheon announcement in the June issue.

      Anchors Aweigh,

      President
      clip
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2014

        Seems like everyone in the maritime industry reads and quotes from the Pacific Maritime Magazine.

        I had the good fortune to meet and chat with Chris Phillips, Managing Editor, at the California Maritime Leadership Symposium.

        I complemented him on the magazine and mentioned it is one of first things I read when the hard copy arrives and when the twice-weekly E-mail edition appears in my inbox.

        Take a look at http://www.pmmonlinenews.com and if you should subscribe, http://www.pacmar.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0052.2.852762338699502155/subscribe, please mention you saw this notice.

        Pacific Maritime Magazine.jpg

        Pacific Maritime Magazine 3 Issues.jpeg

        Subscribe to the magazine:

        ·         3-year subscription for just $92  (Best value)

        ·         2-year subscription for just $53

        ·         1-year subscription for just $39

        http://www.pacmar.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0052.2.852762338699502155/subscribe

        Subscribe to our twice weekly maritime news E-Newsletter http://www.pacmar.com

        PMM Online is a complement to our monthly print publication Pacific Maritime Magazine, providing the maritime industry with information on issues as they happen- from the Mexican border to the Bering Sea- and across the Pacific. http://www.pmmonlinenews.com