Re: National Maritime Day 22 May 2009 ~ Presidental Proclamation

    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2009
    From the Proclamation, "On this National Maritime Day, we also mark the opening of a permanent exhibition at the Smithsonian Institution, "On the Water." It demonstrates the importance of the maritime industry and chronicles our history as a maritime nation."

    Phelps
    __________________________________

    From: Pietropaoli, Stephen R.
    Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 11:46 AM
    To: 'Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS'; PCR-NLUS@yahoogroups.com; PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com
    Cc: 'Albert Herberger'
    Subject: RE: National Maritime Day 22 May 2009 ~ Presidental Proclamation

    Phelps –

    Just returned from a first-class Maritime Day event at the Smithsonian Museum of American History … which included the Ribbon Cutting for the new maritime history display “On the Water.”  Great turnout … and a remarkable exhibition.  You should make time to see it if you are coming back for the Board meeting in June.

    VR
    SRP

    Stephen Pietropaoli

    Executive Director