Pacific Maritime Magazine

    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2009
      Dear Members and Friends,

      One of the individuals I met at the Symposium is Capt. John Denham, USN (Ret.) He has done a lot in his maritime career; he was the skipper of the USS SACRAMENTO (AOE-1) and Base Commander of the Naval Weapons Station Concord upon its decommissioning. He is well familiar with the Navy League. John now is a Special Features Correspondent with the very informative Pacific Maritime Magazine. His most recent contribution was a thorough investigative report on the COSCO Busan accident in San Francisco Bay 7 November 2007.

      He will be attending our council luncheon in Oakland. Do come on out and greet him.

      Remember it is 1130, Monday, June 15 at Quinn's Lighthouse Restaurant and Pub, Oakland. Look forward to a delicious luncheon and a panel presentation on Short Sea Shipping out of San Francisco Bay. Cost $25 in advance; guests who join the Navy League and affiliate with our council complementary.

      We thank him for getting our luncheon announcement in the June issue.

      Anchors Aweigh,

      President
      Pacific Merchant Marine Council
      Navy League of the United States
      http://navyleague.org < visit this site
      PO Box 191403
      Sacramento CA 95819-1403
      (916) 739-6949 | (916) 955-3972 Cell | PMMC@...

      The Navy League of the United States, founded with President Roosevelt's encouragement in 1902, is a civilian organization with approximately 60,000 members. The League is focused on reminding the American public and government officials that the United States is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well being are dependent upon strong sea services - the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and U. S. Flag Merchant Marine. NLUS and its 270 councils sponsor activities, events, and awards along with supporting military and Sea Cadet units. Its monthly magazine Sea Power covers United States maritime defense news. The council newsletter Captain's Call is published quarterly.
      The Pacific Merchant Marine Council, chartered 11 December 2006, is specifically focused on the United States maritime industry. Luncheon meetings are quarterly. Monday, June 15 we return to Quinn's Lighthouse Restaurant and Pub, Oakland, for a delicious luncheon and a panel presentation on Short Sea Shipping out of San Francisco Bay.

      ______________________________________

      Pacific Maritime Magazine!

      Published monthly, the Pacific Maritime Magazine is the most widely circulated maritime trade publication on the Pacific Coast, and the only publication in the nation written specifically for West Coast commercial vessel and terminal operators.

      Our readers make up the operations sector of the West Coast maritime community:

      • Commercial Vessel Operators
      • Terminal Operators
      • Shipyards and Naval Architects
      • Marine Construction Companies
      • Port Authorities
      • Stevedores

      To find out more about subscribing: http://www.pacmar.com/PMM_online_sub.pdf

      The 2007 San Francisco Bay oil spill was an oil spill that happened on 7 November 2007 at San Francisco, California, in which 58,000 gallons of IFO-380 bunker fuel spilled into San Francisco Bay after the container ship COSCO Busan struck the San Francisco – Oakland Bay...
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_San_Francisco_Bay_oil_spill - 52k - Cached

      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2009
        "John Denham is a retired USN Captain, licensed Master Mariner, former San Francisco pilot, maritime academy teacher, and author with extensive experience as a marine consultant. He is also author of The Assistant and DD 891."

        http://gcaptain.com/maritime/blog/author/johndenham/

        Posts by john.denham:

        Report on 9th Maritime Leadership Symposium
        NTSB/USCG Report on Cosco Busan - Analysis of the Analysis
        Sea Stories - A Break-Bulk Mate's Bad Day
        Bye Bye Buoy - Sinking Of The "SF" Sea Buoy
        and 19 other interesting posts.

        The two books he authored are available on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=John%20G.%20Denham&results-process=default.

        I am pleased to announce Captain Denham has come on board the Navy League and our council. He will be at the luncheon June 15, hopefully with a stact of Pacific Maritime Magazine (subscriptions encouraged). He has agreed to serve as a Director and the council's Board of Directors has approved his welcome addition to the team. He will be our interface with the magazine.

        Also approved to join the board is relatively new member Roger Bazeley. We introduced him at our March 16 luncheon on the O'BRIEN.

        Phelps
        ________________________________

        --- In PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com, "Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS" <pmmc@...> wrote:

[...]

        clip
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2014

          Seems like everyone in the maritime industry reads and quotes from the Pacific Maritime Magazine.

          I had the good fortune to meet and chat with Chris Phillips, Managing Editor, at the California Maritime Leadership Symposium.

          I complemented him on the magazine and mentioned it is one of first things I read when the hard copy arrives and when the twice-weekly E-mail edition appears in my inbox.

          Take a look at http://www.pmmonlinenews.com and if you should subscribe, http://www.pacmar.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0052.2.852762338699502155/subscribe, please mention you saw this notice.

          Pacific Maritime Magazine.jpg

          Pacific Maritime Magazine 3 Issues.jpeg

          Subscribe to the magazine:

          ·         3-year subscription for just $92  (Best value)

          ·         2-year subscription for just $53

          ·         1-year subscription for just $39

          http://www.pacmar.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0052.2.852762338699502155/subscribe

          Subscribe to our twice weekly maritime news E-Newsletter http://www.pacmar.com

          PMM Online is a complement to our monthly print publication Pacific Maritime Magazine, providing the maritime industry with information on issues as they happen- from the Mexican border to the Bering Sea- and across the Pacific. http://www.pmmonlinenews.com