RADM Thomas J. Patterson Memorial Tribute and Seame's Memorial Cruise

    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2009

      Dear Navy League Members and Friends,

      The National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN, RADM Patterson's legacy, is our council's adopted unit - our only one to date.

      In December we dedicated our on board luncheon to Admiral Patterson's memory. In March, again on board, we remembered him and all American Merchant Marine Veterans. A number of our council members will be there on the 22nd and on the cruise the 23rd. Look for our memorial wreath.

      We invite you to both the dockside memorial tribute and the cruise. It is all very special.

      Dockside, Pier 45, at the bow of the O'BRIEN are plaques as well as an anchor and length of chain in memory of seamen lost in combat.

      Rear Admiral Thomas J. Patterson, USMS (Ret.) deceased:

      Phelps Hobart, President
      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS

      ______________________________________

      NAVY LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT OF SEAMEN'S MEMORIAL CRUISE AND DOCKSIDE SERVICE

      The friends of Admiral Tom Patterson invite you to a very special "Seamen's Memorial Cruise" on May 23, 2009. It is on that day that Admiral Patterson will make his final voyage aboard his beloved SS Jeremiah O’Brien. With his family and friends aboard, Admiral Patterson’s ashes will be scattered at sea … a fitting resting place for the man who served his country faithfully in war and peace, and who was the 'heart and soul of the SS Jeremiah O’Brien.'

      If you can’t make the cruise, please join us at 1700 on Friday, May 22 for the Admiral's dockside memorial tribute.
      For more information on either of these memorial tributes, please visit our SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN website
      http://www.ssjeremiahobrien.org or call our office at 415 / 544-0100.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2009
        Just a reminder.

        My wife Teddy and I will be on board this evening and we hope you will be there too. I will have flyers for our luncheon June 15 as well as the President's Proclamation on National Maritime Day.

        Hope you booked passage for the Seamen's Memorial Cruise. I have and our council will have a wreath.

        Anchors Aweigh,