Fw:Cal Maritime May CURRENTS Now Available Online
- ----- Original Message -----From: Webster, DougSent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 4:10 PMSubject: Cal Maritime May CURRENTS Now Available Online
The May issue of Cal Maritimes electronic monthly newsletter, CURRENTS is now available online via a hotlink from the homepage of the campus website at www.csum.edu. For best reading, click on the link and once open, save the file to your computer. Open with Adobe Acrobat or Reader, select Window/Full Screen view, and navigate with Up/Down or Page buttons on your keyboard.
NOTE: Students on first cruise who may be receiving this message are advised we plan to send the file out to the ship for posting on the TSGB website shortly.
In this issue:
- First-Ever All-Majors Drill Some 90 cadets, faculty and staff took part in a first- ever drill involving students from all majors. Participants expressed enthusiastic support for the event which utilized the full array of campus simulation and intense advance planning for detailed realism..
- Rugby Team Makes Cal Maritime Proud Unbeaten conference champions, the Keelhaulers made it to the national semi-final round in the best performance ever by a campus athletic squad
- Power Lab Gets Major New Education Tools Engineering students spent much of the last year installing two exciting new tools for education and research in power generation. Their labors and donations helped cut the cost of this exciting new installation.
- Engineering Students Present Senior Projects See the inventive ideas Senior Engineering students developed for their final year projects everything from a battlebot to a Remotely Operated Submersible to a Human Powered Hydrofoil.
- Cadet Documents Need for More Bay Dredging Cadet Julian Rose spent over four months poring over nearly a million numbers to discover that San Francisco Bay shipping channels havent been consistently dredged for the past 15 years.
- Moodle Software Strengthens Teaching Resources New software strengthens faculty-student communication and enhances services for those with learning disabilities.
- Piracy Attacks Draw Media to Campus Experts Attacks onU.S. ship brought media requests for campus expertise from radio, TV, newspapers and magazines.
- Business Students Honor Society
- Fall 08 Presidents/Deans List Cadets Announced
- Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Revitalized Cadet Propeller Club Holds Dinner
- Faculty Beats Students in Annual Softball Match
- Safety at Sea Seminar
- Sailing News
- Command Inspection
- Extended Learning Courses
- Jonathan Fischer Honored for Teaching Excellence
- Faculty/Staff Milestones
- Third Annual Campus Luau
- Planning for Sacramento Maritime Symposium
- Finals Feast Caps Spring Semester
- Campus Calendar
Director of Public Relations
The California Maritime Academy
200 Maritime Academy Drive
Vallejo , CA 94590-8181