Captain Richard Phillips, USMM

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2009

      Probably several councils would like to have Captain Phillips as a member - for sure we would. Anyone care to contribute $50 or so toward that $500 Navy League Life Membership? The council will match your contribution dollar for dollar.

      Captain MacKenzie is on the Pacific Merchant Marine Council Advisory Board. We thank him for this suggestion.

      Let me know ASAP - I would like to process the application Monday.

      President

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009
        Count my $5o. Let know if you come up short. Great idea.

        Sam cell 510 851 0783

        Ps am I connectcutt thru tues evening.

        From: "Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS"
        Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:59:40 -0700
        To: <PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [PMMC-NLUS] Captain Richard Phillips, USMM

        Ahoy Members and Friends,

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2009
          Phelps,  Great idea.  My check is in the mail.  Aloha, Mark

          From: "Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS"
          Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:59:40 -0700
          To: <PMMC-NLUS@yahoogrou ps.com>

          Ahoy Members and Friends,

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 18, 2009

            We didn't bring Captain Phillips on board our Pacific Merchant Marine Council but the Navy League horored him big time! Good going headquarters.

            Phelps

            __________________________________

            http://www.marinelog.com/DOCS/NEWSMMIX/2009jun00162.html

            US NAVY PHOTO

            June 16, 2009

            Navy League honors Captain Richard Phillips

            The Navy League of the United States has presented Capt. Richard Phillips the Admiral Arleigh Burke Leadership Award.

            "The Arleigh Burke Leadership Award is our most prestigious award," said J. Michael McGrath, national president of the Navy League...

            http://www.navyleague.org/

            Navy League Awards Captain Richard Phillips Admiral Arleigh Burke Award

            Video of Board of Directors' Meeting Dinner with guest speaker Vice Adm. Michael Vitale, commander Navy Installations Command, and presentation of the Adm. Arleigh Burke Leadership Award to Captain Phillips.

            Ahoy Members and Friends,