Re: [PMMC-NLUS] Fw: National Park Service Attacks S.F. Sea Scouts

  • capt.ob@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2009

      From: capt ob

      To: PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com

      Sent: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 02:13:19 +0000 (UTC)

      Subject: Re: [PMMC-NLUS] Fw: National Park Service Attacks S.F. Sea Scouts

      Dear Sirs:

      I am proud to say that I  was a Sea Scout, jouning in May 1956....The Sea Scouts provided supervised activities and proper examples of moral rectitude.  I received the highest award..Quartermaster Sea Scout...Many of us went to sea in the Navy, Coast Guard and the Merchant Marine...I retired as an Officer in both the Navy and the Merchant Marine...the seamanship, swimming, first aid and  life saving skills that I learned as a young man benefited me all my life..in peace and war...Never in our history have young men and women needed Sea Scouting more than now...To learn water safety, teamwork, and gain the satisfaction of accomplishing assignments and hard tasks provides unlimited opportunities....for growth..mentally, spiritually and phyisically...The Sea Scout Base takes up little space and has been a fixture in Aquatic Park for generations...It is self-sustaining and costs little, if any tax dollars...It would be a sin to eliminate this progam for our youngsters. To be Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful,Friendly, Courteous, Kind , Obediant, Cheerful,Thrifty,Brave Clean, and Reverent (The Scout Oath) has been my mantra and my goal all of my life...I will be 67 on Feb 18th, and will never forget the lessons Ilearned in the Sea Scouts...God Bless the Sea Scouts, God Bless America....

                      Captain K.C. O'Brien USMM (ret)

                      Quartermaster Sea Scout

                      Sea Scout Ship Navigator 120