Army-Navy football game 12 December 2009

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009

      Army-Navy football game moved back a week, beginning in 2009

      Oct. 23, 2008

      CBSSports.com wire reports

      NEW YORK --

      The annual Army-Navy football game will be played a week later, starting in 2009. The rivalry will take place on the second Saturday in December.

      The academies and CBS announced Thursday they have extended their TV rights agreement through 2018.

      The date change will give the matchup more visibility because it will no longer conflict with conference championship games. It will be the last regular-season college football game each year.

      "There is no more fitting way to conclude the college football regular season," said Mike Aresco, executive vice president for programming at CBS Sports.

      The game also will be streamed live and free of charge on CBSSports.com, reaching troops around the world.

      "We could not be more pleased," Army athletic director Kevin Anderson said in a statement. "We feel very fortunate that this great American tradition will continue to be delivered to servicemen around the globe."

      The Army–Navy Game is an annual college football game between the teams of the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point, New York and the United States Naval Academy (USNA) at Annapolis, Maryland. The USMA team,...
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army-Navy_Game - 63k - Cached
      One of the most storied rivalries in all of sports resumes Saturday at noon with the kickoff of the 109th playing of the Army-Navy game in Philadelphia.
      www.army.mil/-news/2008/12/02/ 14677-army-football-notes-the-navy-game - Cached
      Army-Navy Football archival digital images, U. S. Naval Academy Library Archives collection ... Philadelphia to host Army-Navy Football Game 2004-2008; ...
      www.usna.edu/LibExhibits/Archives/Armynavy/Armynavygames.htm - Cached
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
        Go Navy
        Beat Army

        Make it 8 in a row!

        CBS Television 1130 Saturday 12 December

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2009

          Navy beats Army 17 - 3!

          It's one of the most storied rivalries in college football: Army battling Navy.

          December 12, 2009 the two teams clashed once again. The game was held at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, PA.

          The win is the eighth in a row!

          The Navy Midshipmen now have a season record of 9-4; they will participate in the Texas Bowl against Missouri on December 31st.

          Navy is also 54-49-7 all time against Army in the games.

          Navy won the Commander-In-Chief's Trophy, awarded to the team with the best record in games between the three service academies, for a school-record seventh straight year.

          Quarterback Ricky Dobbs for Navy set an NCAA single-season record when he ran for a touchdown, giving him 24 on the season.

          Details on your newswpaper's Sunday sports page or the internet. For a good summary with photos check out http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/recap/NCAAF_20091212_ARMY@NAVY/navy-wins-eighth-straight-over-army-ends-cadets-bowl-hopes.