CALMITSAC Meeting, Sacramento, 1000 Wednesday 28 January

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2009
      Dear Members and Friends,

      Here is the latest on CALMITSAC. Let me or Bob know if you would like to attend and observe.

      A February 20 meeting on Port Security in Sacramento has been postponed to an unannounced future date.

      Keep in touch if you should have any questions on the Pacific Merchant Marine Council and our involvement in the maritime community. Our 4th quarter 2008 Captain's Call newsletter still has not gone to press. I guess I better send it out as is - I was hoping to have a few more articles and the invitation to our March luncheon included. Right now the luncheon does not have a confirmed date and place. Any suggestions?

      Have a great weekend - send me any news you would like to share, past, present and future.

      Anchors Aweigh,

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS
      PMMC at cwo dot com

      PRELIMINARY

      California Marine & Intermodal Transportation System

      Advisory Council

      California Department of Transportation

      Room 2116 at Caltrans HQ, 1120 N Street Sacramento, CA

      Wednesday, January 28, 2009

      10:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.

      AGENDA

      Call meeting to order – Bob Dockendorff

      Approval of Minutes of November 12, 2008 (Long Beach meeting)

      Approval of Agenda and update on committees – Bob Dockendorff

      Southern California Gateway Update – Alan Hicks, Director

      Technology Committee Report – Bill Lyte

      Guest Presentation: Marty Newman – American Transport Management

      2009 Strategic project/Economic Stimulus Package Working Session – Tom O’Brien

      Guest Presentation: Dan Smith – Tioga Group – "Container Trade Outlook or How Cloudy is the Crystal Ball?"

      Website update – Bruce Clark

      Guest Presentation: Marty Kurtovich – Chevron Energy Solutions

      Other new business and items for next meeting agenda

      - Letter to Federal Maritime Commission – Robin Grove

      Next meeting: Wednesday March 18, 2009, Sacramento, CA

      Adjournment

      * We will have a no-host working lunch.