20th Aniversary of the California Vietnam Veterans Memorial

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008

      All,

      See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCR-NLUS/message/160 for the 1st notice of this special event and the coin. The California Vietnam Veterans Memorial 20th Anniversary coin at 2" in diameter and weighing in over 2 ounces is larger than other military coins I have seen. Very attractive with a silver finish and likeness of the Memorial soldier with a background of the wall of names on the front side: on the obverse, text and in enamel the California Department of Veteran Affairs and the Vietnam Veterans of America logos.

      I have a supply for those who have expressed an interest after the first notice and others who may have an interest now. They will be available for purchase, $15 each, at the Sacramento Council's Hail and Farewell, 1800 Tuesday, 7 October and at Lions Gate Hotel and Conference Center and at the NLUS National Convention.

      To purchase via PayPal, go to http://www.cavbf.org/20thanniversaryproducts.html.  Interested parties can also purchase these commemorative medallions directly from the VVA by contacting the Sacramento Chapter 500 at (916) 481-6020.  For more information regarding the celebration, contact the VVA at CAVietnamMemorial@....

      As I indicated before if you served in 'Nam, you shouldn't miss the activities December 10 through 14 in Sacramento, "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Week." Parade, Film Festival, Banquet, Memorial Service - 3 days of reading of the names of those who gave the supreme sacrifice, Wreath Ceremony, Reunions and more.

      As Pete Conaty indicates below, the California Vietnam Veterans Memorial Anniversary Coordinating Council is seeking sponsors, donors and contributitors. Purchasing a coin helps but gifts above and beyond are needed too. It is possible for individuals and representatives of organizations to be involved with the reading of the names or laying a wreath. Groups can enter the parade.

      It is wonderful to see our California Department of Veterans Affairs in support of this 20th Anniversary special event.

      Hope to see many Navy Leaguers present. If you have a council banner bring it.

      Vice President - Veteran Affairs
      Pacific Central Region, NLUS

      PS Pete represents several veteran groups as a Legislative Advocate at the California State Capitol.

      Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 11:32 AM
      Subject: 20th Aniversary of the California Vietnam Veterans Memorial

      Phelps,

      It was good talking with you at the CDVA conference.  Please help us spread the word.  I hope that you can help us out financially.

      Pete Conaty
      Pete Conaty & Associates
      1107 9th Street, Suite 530
      Sacramento, CA 95814