Bernard Flatow, deceased

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3 9:53 AM
      Members and Friends,

      If you were fortunate to have known Bernie Flatow, this is indeed sad news.

      Our thoughts and prayers to his family.

      From Kings Point he entered the Merchant Marine Service in 1943 as an Ensign and served on SS THOMAS DONALDSON and SS Thomas NUTTALL. After the war he entered private enterprise and years later retired as a corporate manager with ITT. He was a member of the Long Island Council, NLUS.

      Rest in Peace Bernie,

      Phelps Hobart
      President
      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS

      From: Wendell R Benson

      To: Various

      Subject: VWOA Director Bernard Flatow

      I have just been informed that Director Bernard Flatow passed away today. His funeral is tomorrow morning (Sunday) at 9AM at the Sinai Chapel 162-05 Horace Harding Expresway Fresh Meadows. You may call them 718-445-0300 for directions.

      "Shiva" will be observed at the home of his daughter Joanne Jacobs, 409 Dogwood Ave, West Hempstead

      Phone 516-486-6148.

      Regards,

      Wendell

      +++