San Francisco Fleet Week Ship Greeters needed

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2008

      Join us in the celebration of the men and women of our sea services. This spectacular weekend family event features the Navy Blue Angels, a Saturday parade of ships and exciting demonstrations. Volunteers will be needed to visit United States and Canadian ships upon arrival and for other tasks - see the initial request below.

      Our own council member Kristine Carlock, telephone (415) 725-2101| KrisCarlock@..., is the Pacific Central Region's Navy League representative on the Fleet Week committee. A volunteer hotline not connected to the Navy League is (650) 599-5057.

      The Blue Angels will do survey flights over the bay Thursday afternoon, practice flights Friday afternoon, and flight demonstrations 1500 Saturday and Sunday. The parade of Fleet Week ships starts noon Saturday. Tours aboard are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday afternoons.

      The website

      http://fleetweek.us/fleetweek is a good place to get public information on activities. We will keep you posted by E-mail for any special Navy League member activities. Right now we are seeking ship greeters.

      Enjoy a ride Saturday or Sunday on the S. S. JEREMIAH O’BRIEN.

      Phelps

      ______________________________

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2008
        Dear Members and Friends,

        Here is a great way to get on board a visiting ship upon arrival at a
        San Francisco dock Saturday afternoon, 11 October.

        Phelps
        _____________________________

        From: Julio B JulioB@...
        To: samhaleceo@... and others
        Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 11:42 AM
        Subject: Fleet Week Greeters

        I currently have eleven ship greeters and need more (good time to
        bring a friend and sign them up as members of the Navy League).

        See you on the pier.

        Julio Blea
        Command Master Chief, USN (RET)
        Membership Representative