PMMC to board CALMITSAC

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2008
      Need some information
      Members and friends,

      This is good news for our council!

      I am seeking alternates - CALMITSAC meetings are held in Oakland and Long Beach as well as Sacramento. If working with others and representing the council is something you might enjoy this is a good position.

      I am going to share with you something I found on the internet about the CALMITSAC Chairman, Capt. Robert D. Dockendorff, USNR (Ret.) long term Navy Leaguer but new within our council this May.

      Robert D. (Bob) Dockendorff received an A.A. from Burlington Community College in 1958 and graduated from The University of Iowa in 1960 with a B.A. in Sociology. He joined the Naval Reserve and continued graduate studies at the University of Iowa for several years. In 1964 Mr. Dockendorff applied for Naval Officer Candidate School and was commissioned an Ensign in the U.S. Naval Reserve. He was assigned to small boat operations in Vietnam. He remained in the Naval Ready Reserve and retired with the rank of Captain in 1988 after 25 years of service. In 1968 Mr. Dockendorff was hired by Pacific Maritime Association where he worked for 35 years, retiring as a Vice President in 2003. He lives in San Francisco, CA and continues working on transportation and infrastructure projects. He is also developing a series of documentary film projects. He is active with charitable organizations promoting social change.

      I was delighted to have him come on board. Oh how I wish others with similar career paths in the maritime industry would come on board as well. Please continue to invite your friends. If there is a financial hardship assistance is possible. Chances are it is simply a reluctance to join one more group or receive one more magazine.

      I am always available to talk about the Navy League, its councils, and especially the Pacific Merchant Marine Council. On December 8th aboard the O'BRIEN we will again have at the luncheon the election and installation of council officers and directors. THERE IS A LEADERSHIP ROLE FOR EVERY PERSON WHO SHARES ENTHUSIASM for our venture.

      Captain to Engine Room "MORE STEAM!"

      Phelps

      At NLUS HQ, Janet is Senior Director of Communications which included public relations. Peter is Deputy Editor of Seapower; he focuses on Navy League news. Together they filter council news for http://www.NavyLeague.org, SeaPower magazine, and Navy Leaguer.