Re: Festival of Sail wrap-up

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 9:17 PM

      Thanks Ed and thanks for volunteering. When I visited Thursday, I could see preparations were underway for the weekend.

      I look forward to you being installed as a NLUS National Director this October.

      Now Anchors Aweigh for Fleetweek.

      Phelps--

      I agree.

      Joanne, the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association members, the event staff, and the many, many volunteers (like me) had a wonderful experience.

      We went out Wednesday aboard the O'BRIEN with a full load - I think it was 960 passengers. The weather was fantastic and the views coming under the Golden Gate Bridge and seeing the Eagle, Bounty, Oriole and the other tall ships took one's breath away.

      There were a few festival startup screw-ups getting the booths organized for the hordes of tourists who started to show up on Thursday. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday they were worked out, but you always find a few people you can never satisfy.

      My post was the information booth at Pier 32 (Green Village) where Eagle, Bounty, Oriole and Keisei were moored.  Lots of vendor displays and food booths as well.  It was an enjoyable experience and I would certainly recommend it to all our members to participate in 2011 the next time the event comes by.

      Regards,

      Ed Dangler