Fw: Festival of Sail San Francisco Newsletter June 25, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2008

      Please pass the word - 27 days until the Festival of Sail in San Francisco Bay!

      Don

      Don Hale, President
      Pacific Central Region, NLUS

      ______________________________

      Issue Number 4 - June 25, 200828 Days Until Festival of Sail!

      Ticketing Information
      Become a Member of the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association and your name will be entered into a drawing for a ride for two in the Parade of Sail! Click here for details.

      Parade of Sail Tickets Now on Sale to Members

      Experience a once in a lifetime opportunity to sail on one of the majestic Tall Ships in the Parade of Sail on July 23rd. Tickets currently on sale to Members only. Parade of Sail tickets will go on sale to the general public July 1st. LIMITED QUANTITY available so purchase your tickets early.

      Boarding times are early for the Parade of Sail and will depend on the location, size and speed of the vessel. All passengers will be encouraged to bring a picnic lunch and then to sit back and enjoy the sail. Further details will be provided closer to the event and to those guests registered.

      The Parade of Sail is open to youth accompanied by an adult. Click here for tickets.

      California Coastal Voyages

      Sail on the Californian between various Port Stops along the California coast this summer. Each leg offers a unique perspective on seamanship, maritime history and the awesome beauty of the Pacific.

      For more information visit http://www.festivalofsail.org/california-sailing.asp.

      Captains' Black Tie Reception and Dinner
      Please join us at the
      Festival of Sail San Francisco
      Captains' Black Tie Reception and Dinner

      Honoring the Commanding Officers of the Coast Guard Cutter Eagle

      HONORARY CO-CHAIRS:

      Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
      Senator Diane Feinstein
      Senator Barbara Boxer
      Mayor Gavin Newsom

      Saturday, July 26, 2008
      Reception 6:30pm Argonaut Hotel Courtyard
      Dinner 7:30pm Argonaut Hotel Ballroom

      Individual tickets are $200. Several sponsorship levels available. Depending on the sponsorship level benefits may include: the opportunity to view the Parade of Sail from an elegant Fort Mason residence garden reception; Festival of Sail VIP tickets; tickets on a Coast Guard Patrol boat during the Parade of Sail and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sail on the EAGLE in the majestic Parade of Sail.

      Contact Patty Carlson for more information and tickets at pattyacarlson@... or (415) 254-5599.

      Corporate Sails and Hospitality Opportunities
      Festival of Sail San Francisco is extremely proud to present a magnificent assortment of interesting ships and there is no better way to enjoy them than booking a private function with a group of friends or colleagues. Battle Sails are a thrilling experience on the Bay with a mock cannon battle and demonstration of maneuverability and firepower. Sunset and Pleasure Cruises offer a leisurely cruise on the Bay under sail-power. Dockside Receptions come with exclusive access to our most impressive vessels. We are well equipped to custom design a special function, complete with catering, to fit your needs.

      Joy Stanton is the person to contact to make all the arrangements. She can be reached at 650-274-8899 or joy@.... Ship supply is limited, so please call Joy soon if you are interested in booking.

      Parade of Sail Viewing
      The Festival of Sail has partnered with the Fort Mason Foundation to present a Premier Viewing area for the Parade of Sail. Enjoy easy parking at Fort Mason Center and a short walk to the Firehouse where the special viewing area is located. Purchase tickets for the Festival of Sail; try on and purchase special Festival of Sail merchandise and enjoy food and beverages provided by Fort Mason tenants.

      This Premier Viewing is free and open to the public between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm.

      A special thank you to the Fort Mason Foundation for their support and partnership for the Parade of Sail Premier Viewing Area.

      Annual Members' Reception
      San Francisco Maritime National Park Association

      Annual Members' Reception

      Friday, July 25

      6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

      Aboard Eureka, Hyde Street Pier

      Association members are invited to this special Festival of Sail celebration! Captain Robin Walbridge will delight members with tales from his fifteen years as captain of the HMS Bounty, the 1960 vessel build for the movie Mutiny on the Bounty and most recently featured in Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest. Refreshments will be served.

      You must be an Association member to attend. To join, please click here. If you are already a member, you may RSVP by July 18th to members@... or (415) 561-6662 ext. 12.

      Sponsorship Update
      As always, we would like to thank our current Sponsors:

      Click here to find out about sponsorship opportunities

      Partners & Media
      The Festival of Sail would like to once again thank you media partners.

      Want to learn more about the Festival of Sail?

      Keep you eyes open at www.MyBart.org for special give-aways. Tune in to 96.5 KOIT, 102.1 KDFC, and 95.7 The Wolf for event and ticket information. Watch for special advertisements in the San Francisco Bay Guardian, The Examiner, Marina Times, Latitude 38, Bay Crossings, Marin IJ and Northside San Francisco, to name a few. And look for our ads on MUNI in San Francisco!

      The Festival of Sail along with MUNI would also like to encourage you to take public transportation throughout our event.

      As always, we would like to thank our current Partners.

      Click here for the Partners page

      Boarding Pass Program
      Are you a nonprofit and would like your clients to attend and experience the Festival of Sail? Simply complete the Nonprofit Partner Signup Form on our Boarding Pass Program page and the Festival of Sail will provide your group with complimentary boarding passes.

      A special thanks to our Corporate Sponsors of the Boarding Pass Program: Coblentz, Patch, Duffy & Bass LLP, Department of Boating and Waterways, Lockton Insurance Brokers LLC, Matson Navigation, Pacific Waterfront Partners and Shreve & Co. To support the Festival of Sail Boarding Pass Program please contact Joanne Fedeyko at jfedeyko@... or complete the Donation Form located on our Boarding Pass program page.

      Volunteer
      The Festival of Sail needs you between July 24th and July 27th. Register online to volunteer during the event. Several positions available ~ simply note your general area of interest and our volunteer manager will contact you to determine specific days, hours and assignments. Volunteer positions are in four-hour shifts and you may volunteer for one shift or as many as you would like. Click here to join us.

      Contact Info

      Questions? 1-877-SAIL-577 (1-877-724-5577)

      For Hospitality, Food, Beverage and Vendor Booths, Media, Public Relations, Interactive, Experiential and Sponsorship Marketing Opportunities

      Please contact:

      The Wilkinson Group
      Eric Trautmann
      Vice President
      (650) 375-0001
      eric@...

      For General Festival Information Including General Event Information, Ticketing, Volunteer Recruitment, Transportation and Vessel Participation

      Please contact:

      Festival of Sail San Francisco
      Joanne Fedeyko
      Executive Producer
      (415) 307-1382
      jfedeyko@...

      330 Primrose Road, Suite 209 | Burlingame, CA 94010 | Fax: (415) 358-9997
      Festival of Sail
      PO Box 470310
      San Francisco, California 94147-0310