Fw: Merchant Marine Affairs Committee meeting follow-up

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2008
      Members and Friends,

      As a national director this is one of the NLUS national committees of which I am a member.

      We are fortunate to have Admiral Al Herberger, former Chairman of the Maritime Administration, as the committee chairman. Also involved in maritime matters is Admiral Dick Macke, National Vice President Sea Services Liaison. Both are on the Advisory Board of this council. Essentially when they speak, all I can say is "Amen." They know the status of our merchant marine and the marine transportation system. They are instrumental in the preparation of the Navy League's maritime policy statement (see page 5 of Captain's Call, April - June 2008).

      At the bottom of committee minutes you can see that I and our council are mentioned. As far as I can tell the members of both our council's board of directors and our advisory board (see page 2 of Captain's Call, April - June 2008) like the course we have set for this council.

      You see the committee's next meeting is 29 October. It will be held during the 2008 Navy League National Convention in Kansas City , Missouri at the Westin Crown Center .  Registration and convention information will soon be available online at the Navy League website www.navyleague.org and in Sea Power.  I would be delighted to have council company at the committee meeting and at the convention. It is all very memorable though a bit pricey. My wife Teddy and I will be going early and staying on.

      Please consider this an invitation to attend the 2008 NLUS National Convention.

      Anchors Aweigh,

      Phelps