Invitation to hear ADM Timothy J. Keating, CINCPAC on Hornet 11 July

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2008
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Don Hale
      Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:43 PM
      Subject: Fwd: We have the guy for 11 July

      Note: forwarded message.

      I am a member of the Bay Area Tailhookers and all Navy League members are welcome to be my guest, $30 each.

      Don

      MOAA DAY ON THE HORNET.pdf Wonderful all day event including tours, speakers, and catered lunch, $25.

      Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:09 PM

      Friends,

      Here's your chance to to see/hear one of the All Stars on the current Naval Aviation team AND visit the Hornet Museum at the same time. I expect we will sell out so if you are interested get your check and reservation in early. For those in charge feel free to pass the invitation on to your members.

      With best wishes,

      Tom

      Bay Area Tailhookers, Friends and Supporters:

      FLASH NOTICE:  ADM Timothy J. Keating, CINCPAC, will be our speaker for a luncheon meeting aboard Hornet on 11 July 2008.

      Check-in starts at 1130
      Costs: $25 members, $30 guests
      Attire: casual
      Send Checks to:  Bay Area Tailhook Ready Room
                                     PO Box 1356
                                     Alamo, CA 94507

      Admiral Timothy J. Keating
      Commander, U.S. Pacific Command
      Admiral Timothy J. Keating
      Admiral Timothy J. Keating is the Commander, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.

      Adm. Keating, a native of Dayton, Ohio, graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1971. Following duty aboard USS Mason (DD 852) in the western Pacific, he completed flight training in August 1973. He was ordered to VA-82, deploying twice to the Mediterranean aboard USS Nimitz (CVN 68). In September 1978, he reported to VA-122, NAS Lemoore, Calif., and subsequently served with Commander, Carrier Air Wing 15 as Staff Landing Signal Officer, deploying to the western Pacific/Indian Ocean aboard USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63). From May 1982 to July 1984, as Administrative Officer, Operations Officer and Maintenance Officer with VA-94, he deployed twice to the western Pacific aboard USS Enterprise (CVN 65). His next assignment was Aide and Flag Lieutenant to the Commander in Chief, U.S. Pacific Command.

      In May 1987, Adm. Keating assumed command of VFA-87 and deployed with CVW-8 aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) to the North Atlantic and to the Mediterranean. After his tour with VFA-87, he was assigned to the Naval Military Personnel Command in Washington, D.C., where he served as Head of the Aviation Junior Officer Assignments Branch. He reported as Deputy Commander, Carrier Air Wing 17 in January 1991, participating in combat operations in support of Operation Desert Storm from USS Saratoga (CV 60).

      Adm. Keating next served as a Chief of Naval Operations Fellow with the Strategic Studies Group in Newport, R.I. Following duty with the Joint Task Force Southwest Asia in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, he deployed as Deputy Commander, Carrier Air Wing 9 aboard USS Nimitz (CVN 68) to the Arabian Gulf. He assumed command of CVW-9 in July 1993. In November 1994, Admiral Keating reported to NAS Fallon, Nev., as Commander, Naval Strike Warfare Center.

      Adm. Keating returned to the Naval Military Personnel Command in September 1995 as Director, Aviation Officer Distribution Division. He served as the Deputy Director for Operations (Current Operations/J33), Operations Directorate, the Joint Staff, Washington, from August 1996 until June 1998. He assumed command of Carrier Group 5 home ported in Yokosuka, Japan, in June 1998. In September 2000, Adm. Keating reported to OPNAV in Washington as Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Plans, Policy and Operations (N3/N5). In February 2002, he assumed command of U.S. Naval Forces Central Command and U.S. 5th Fleet. From October 13, 2003 to October 21, 2004,

      Adm. Keating served as the Director, Joint Staff. Adm. Keating assumed command of North American Aerospace Defense Command and United States Northern Command on November 5, 2004. He assumed command of U.S. Pacific Command March 23, 2007.

      His awards include the Defense Distinguished Service Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, Distinguished Service Medal with Gold Star, Legion of Merit with three Gold Stars, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with Gold Star, three Air Medals, Navy Commendation Medal with two Gold Stars and Combat "V" and various unit and campaign awards. He has over 5,000 flight hours and 1,200 arrested landings.
      Updated: 7 June 2007