Re: [PMMC-NLUS] Fw: Festival of Sail San Francisco Newsletters 1 & 2

  • capt.ob@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2008
      Dear Phelps,
      I got my start in sail. As a boy (jungman) I sailed in many "fore n' afters, and two square riggers. I was one of only four men in the Masters, Mates & Pilots Union that held a US Coast Guard License for " Master of Sail upon Oceans"...
      Captain John Underhill trained in the Pennsylvania School ship, taught at our school and has passed the final bar, and I'm retired..that leaves only two.
      OBIE
      Anyone else with sail experience?