Fw: Festival of Sail San Francisco Newsletters 1 & 2

    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2008
      Members and Friends,
      I hope many of you are excited as I am about the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association's major summer event FESTIVAL OF SAIL July 23rd through the 27th. I joined the association well before the first publicity.
      Let your imagination run back to the age of sail. Participate - it is going to be great!
      The boarding pass alone is reason to personally join the association.
      PS Another date to calendar is the San Francisco Maritime Park Association's Ninth Annual Maritime Heritage Awards Gala and Auction, Saturday, October 4th at Fort Mason's Herbst Pavilion.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2008
        Dear Phelps,
        I got my start in sail. As a boy (jungman) I sailed in many "fore n' afters, and two square riggers. I was one of only four men in the Masters, Mates & Pilots Union that held a US Coast Guard License for " Master of Sail upon Oceans"...
        Captain John Underhill trained in the Pennsylvania School ship, taught at our school and has passed the final bar, and I'm retired..that leaves only two.
        Anyone else with sail experience?