Fw: Festival of Sail San Francisco Newsletters 1 & 2
- Members and Friends,I hope many of you are excited as I am about the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association's major summer event FESTIVAL OF SAIL July 23rd through the 27th. I joined the association well before the first publicity.The first post about this event is #160, Volunteer for the Festival of Sail, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/message/160, dated April 12th. Yes, plenty of summertime fun assisting - contact Joann Fedeyko, Executive Producer of the Festival, (415) 307-1382, jfedeyko@....Let your imagination run back to the age of sail. Participate - it is going to be great!The boarding pass alone is reason to personally join the association.PhelpsPS Another date to calendar is the San Francisco Maritime Park Association's Ninth Annual Maritime Heritage Awards Gala and Auction, Saturday, October 4th at Fort Mason's Herbst Pavilion.__________________________________________----- Original Message -----To: pmmc@...Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 3:29 PMSubject: Advance Tickets Now Available
May 16, 2008 67 Days Until Festival of Sail!Advance Tickets Now AvailableAdvance ticket sales for boarding the Tall Ships this July are now on sale to Maritime Park Association Members. To become a member visit our membership page. ALL members will receive special benefits including a free boarding pass, so sign up today!
Shipmate Membership (Individual) - $60
- Subscription to the Festival of Sail newsletter
- Advance notification of Festival of Sail events and ticket sales
- One free All-Village Wristband valid Thursday July 24th OR Friday July 25th **
- Limited advance ticket purchase on Festival of Sail Village (Advance ticket sales to begin in May 2008)
- Your name entered for a drawing for two to ride in the Parade of Sail on July 23, 2008
- All San Francisco Maritime National Park Association Membership Benefits
- Free admission for two adults and children (under age 17) to the vessels at San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park and the USS Pampanito, for one year.
- Free subscription to the Association's Update newsletter
- 15% discount at the Maritime Store at Hyde Street Pier and the Pampanito Store on Pier 45. Discounts at participating National Park retail stores nationwide.
- Invitation for two to the Member's Annual Event, Friday July 25th, 2008 on the Ferryboat Eureka
- Member-only access to Hyde Street Pier for the Independence Day Fireworks.
Sponsorship UpdateFisherman's Wharf Community Benefit District
- All benefits of Shipmate Membership plus
- One additional free All-Village Wristband and Pirate Academy ticket per membership, valid Thursday July 24th OR Friday July 25th **
About San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf
Fisherman's Wharf is home to Northern California's most active fishing fleet and fish handling facilities. Fisherman's Wharf is San Francisco's number one visitor destination. People come from around the world to enjoy its distinctive maritime setting, historic fisheries, world-class restaurants, hotels, unique retail projects and entertainment.----- Original Message -----To: pmmc@...Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:19 PMSubject: Festival of Sail San Francisco NewsletterHaving trouble viewing this email? Go to the online version. To forward, click link at the bottom of the email.
Issue Number 1 - May 12, 2008 71 Days Until Festival of Sail!Message from Michael Meyers, President, Board of TrusteesDear Friends,
On behalf of the Board of Trustees of the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association, and our partner, the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, I am delighted to invite you to visit the Festival of Sail San Francisco this July 23 through 27th. For many years, the Association and its Park partner have worked together to preserve and bring to life the legacy of San Francisco's waterfront in the history and culture of our state and nation. Thanks to the hard work of our partners and corporate sponsors, on July 23rd of this year you will be able to experience our most ambitious attempt yet to realize this goal. Read more...Ship UpdateThe Festival of Sail is proud to confirm the following vessels will participate in this year's event.
Californian Lynx Seaward Eureka Bounty HMCS Oriole USCGC Eagle Pampanito Robert C. Seamans Nina Balclutha Alma Jeremiah O'Brien Nehemiah C.A. Thayer
Please visit our Ships page on our website for more details on these vessels.Parade of Sail UpdateThe Parade of Sail will begin on Wednesday July 23rd at NOON and will be led by the Coast Guard Cutter EAGLE. The Parade will begin under the Golden Gate Bridge and continue to the Bay Bridge. After the Parade of Sail is complete all vessels will return to their assigned berth along the San Francisco waterfront. See map on our website for specific vessel locations. All vessels will open to the public beginning Thursday July 24th at 10:00 am.
There will be a limited quantity of tickets available for the Parade of Sail. Become a member of the San Francisco Maritime Park Association and receive advance ticket sales on all Festival of Sail activities including the Parade of Sail.
If you would like to participate in the Parade of Sail please contact George Knies at machbuster1@... or (925) 330-5676.Ticketing UpdateExperience world-renowned Tall Ships first hand this summer as they sail under the Golden Gate Bridge for four days of history, entertainment and festivities for young and old. The Festival of Sail is a FREE family event enlivening the San Francisco waterfront with the grandeur and majesty of Tall Ships in port. For those who want to enhance the experience, our Ship Boarding, Excursion, and Parade of Sail programs offer the additional opportunity to explore, learn and imagine the world of maritime past.
Don't forget to enroll the kids in Pirate Academy!
Sign up to be a member of the San Francisco National Park Association and receive early advance ticket notification on general boarding passes, Pirate Academy, as well as sailing excursions tickets when they go on sale.
Tickets will go on sale to the general public on May 18th. Click here for more ticketing information.
For full schedule of events please visit our websiteGreen VillageThe Festival of Sail is divided into three unique Villages, showcasing the Environmental, Educational, and International aspects of our Maritime history. Each Village will include several Tall Ships and other interesting vessels offering daily boarding and ship tours.
In this issue we would like to highlight the Green Village which will be located on the Port of San Francisco Piers 30/32 and at Pier 40. Learn more about the Green Village here.Sponsorship UpdatePort of San Francisco
The Port of San Francisco is very pleased to be a sponsor of Festival of Sail 2008. The San Francisco Port Commission and Port staff are excited about working with the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association and the Festival of Sail organization to make this international event a huge success in San Francisco. One of the Port's strategic goals is to reconnect the City with its waterfront. Festival of Sail 2008 helps fulfill this goal by bringing thousands of people to the waterfront to enjoy these breath taking majestic tall ships from around the world. This exciting maritime event is for people of all ages who will engage in nautical history, educational and cultural festivities from July 23-27, 2008!
Check out Other News Happening at the Port
Kimpton Hotels is proud to be the premier Hotel provider for the Festival of Sail.
San Francisco-based Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants is the first and leading collection of boutique hotels throughout the United States and Canada. Founded by Bill Kimpton in 1981, privately held Kimpton Hotels offers services and design elements focused on care, comfort, style, flavor and fun. More...
Click here to find out about sponsorship opportunitiesHospitalityFestival of Sail offers a variety of special experiences for groups ranging from 40-200. We are well equipped to design a function to suit your taste and budget including custom, turnkey functions for your employees, key clients and VIPs.
Click here for more Hospitality info
A special thanks to the following companies for their early commitment to support the festival by hosting private receptions in conjunction with a Festival of Sail participating vessel.Boarding Pass ProgramHelp the Festival of Sail San Francisco give Bay Area nonprofits the opportunity to experience the grandeur and excitement of Tall Ships®. Youth and families from a variety of local nonprofit groups, most that your organization will choose, will learn the historical significance that these magnificent ships offer both on a local and global basis. All donations are tax deductible under the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association nonprofit tax id 94-1254650.
Special thanks to the following Boarding Pass Program Sponsors:
Click here for more information on the Boarding Pass ProgramPartners & MediaThe Festival of Sail owes a big thank you to a number of partnering organizations. The list continues to grow but we would like to thank the following partners for their contribution and support in bringing the Tall Ships to San Francisco this summer.
The Festival of Sail, in conjunction with several key media partners, will be launching an extensive media campaign this summer. A special thanks to our media partners and their early commitment to making this event a huge success.
Click here for the Partners pageContact Info
For Hospitality, Food, Beverage and Vendor Booths, Media, Public Relations, Interactive, Experiential and Sponsorship Marketing Opportunities
The Wilkinson Group
For General Festival Information Including General Event Information, Ticketing, Volunteer Recruitment, Transportation and Vessel Participation
Festival of Sail San Francisco
330 Primrose Road, Suite 209 | Burlingame, CA 94010 | Fax: (415) 358-9997
Click here to forward this email to a friend PO Box 470310
San Francisco, CA 94147
- Dear Phelps,I got my start in sail. As a boy (jungman) I sailed in many "fore n' afters, and two square riggers. I was one of only four men in the Masters, Mates & Pilots Union that held a US Coast Guard License for " Master of Sail upon Oceans"...Captain John Underhill trained in the Pennsylvania School ship, taught at our school and has passed the final bar, and I'm retired..that leaves only two.OBIE_______________________Anyone else with sail experience?Phelps