Re: Great White Fleet visited San Francisco 100 years ago.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 6:08 AM
      Sadly, not much happening to commemorate this event 100 years ago but here is something hosted by the San Francisco History Association, Tuesday evening, May 27th.

      Phelps
      ______________________________________

      General Admission

      General Admission is $5
      Admission is FREE to Association members.

      Doors Open at 7 PM

      SFHA meetings are a perfect place to meet and mingle with other SF history lovers, as well as to explore our city's enchanting history in depth. Each month we present a talk and slide show from an expert in a particular area of San Francisco history. Monthly presentations cover a dizzyingly diverse variety of SF history aspects, from the history of the San Francisco Fire Department to appreciation of our unique Victorian houses to vintage stories and photos from Playland on the Beach.

      Presentations start at approximately 8 PM. SFHA hosts a social hour from 7-8 PM, during which attendees can peruse SFHA's bookstore, check out that month's displayed collection of historical ephemera and enjoy refreshments. The social hour is also a great time to purchase a raffle ticket for a chance to win that month's piece of San Francisco memorabilia.

      Ship of the Great White Fleet

      Tuesday, May 27, 2008

      Great White Fleet
      guest speaker: John Freeman

      location:
      St. Phillips Church
      725 Diamond Street
      (between Elizabeth Street & 24th Street)
      enter parking lot on Diamond Street