President Bush proclaimed Friday, May 9, 2008, Military Spouse Day
- President Bush proclaimed May 9th Military Spouse Day 2008
http://www.navyleague.org/public_relations/may2008/050708-presidential-proclamation-military-spouse-day.php (For graphics visit this page.)
While our men and women in uniform face enormous obstacles in the service of our country, their spouses face daily challenges of their own. The Nation benefits greatly from the sacrifices made by our military families. Their courage and strength are inspiring.
In honor of the commitment made by military spouses, President Bush has proclaimed Friday, May 9, 2008, Military Spouse Day.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim May 9, 2008, as Military Spouse Day. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities and by expressing their gratitude to the husbands and wives of those serving in the United States Armed Forces.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand eight, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-second.
GEORGE W. BUSH
The Navy League is pleased to offer a discounted membership to military spouses to join us in honor of your sacrifices and your support of the men and women of the uniformed services.
To learn about ways to support our troops and their spouses and families, visit America Supports You.
Read the proclamation , www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/ 05/20080505-8.html , in its entirety.
On the Web:
- On Military Spouse Day, we pay tribute to the husbands ... of the United States, do hereby proclaim May 9, 2008, as Military Spouse Day. ...www.businesswire.com/news/google/ 20080505006488/en - Cached
- Military Spouse Day, 2008. A Proclamation by the President of the United ... of the United States, do hereby proclaim May 9, 2008, as Military Spouse Day. ...www.mca-marines.org/leatherneck/military_spouse_day.asp - Cached
- Proclamation by the President: Military Spouse Day, 2008. - WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Military spouses embody the courage, nobility of duty, and love of country ...biz.yahoo.com/bw/080505/ 20080505006488.html?.v=1 - Cached
- Proclamation by the President: Military Spouse Day, 2008. Business Wire ... of the United States, do hereby proclaim May 9, 2008, as Military Spouse Day. ...www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24473059 - Cached