2008 California Maritime Transportation Advocacy Event, Sacramento,

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2008
      Members and Friends,

      May is California Maritime Transportation Month and May 22nd is Maritime
      Day. For the Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS, both are important. We
      start our council's state legislative advocacy activities this week. Here is
      an outline of what will take place. Some things are simply spontaneous like
      lunch with associates.

      * Tuesday, April 29th, there are various meetings and association dinners
      in Sacramento.
      * Wednesday, April 30th, the morning starts with briefings and during the
      afternoon those participating will be visiting with state legislators then
      regroup for debriefing. The fun starts at 1800 in the Capitol Rotunda
      basement with a reception celebrating the start of California Maritime
      Transportation Month and honoring Captain Manny Aschemeyer, retiring
      executive director of the Southern California Marine Exchange.
      * Thursday, May 1st, starts with legislative proclamation presentations.
      That is followed by the California Marine and Intermodal Transportation
      System Advisory Council (CALMITSAC) meeting.

      I, as chairman of our Legislative Affairs Committee, will be attending the
      activities, interacting with legislators, members of their staff, and simply
      networking with participants. If you care to come on board for one or more
      of these days - if only one day Wednesday - as a Navy League representative,
      please let me know. If you need NLUS business cards I can prepare them. Also
      please register following the guidelines below sent to us by Norman
      Fassler-Katz.

      The Infrastructure Imperative Symposium - Meeting California's Growth
      Challenge 1 page pdf document is located at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/files. For more on Manny Aschemeyer
      and our PMMC salute, see
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PMMC-NLUS/message/149, Cap'n Manny, Southern
      California Marine Exchange Executive Director.

      Anchors Aweigh for an important three days in Sacramento!

      Pacific Merchant Marine Council, NLUS