Volunteer for the Festival of Sail

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2008
      Friend,

      Wonderful summertime opportunity to assist for councils, individuals, Sea Cadets, and all who would like a little salt sea air community involvement.

      I am so enthusiastic about this event I joined its sponsor, The San Francisco Maritime National Park Association, http://www.maritime.org!

      To jump on board please see instructions.

      Please pass the word mates.

      Anchors Aweigh,

      Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 7:48 PM
      Subject: Volunteer for the Festival of Sail

      The Festival of Sail San Francisco will welcome striking Tall Ships® from all over the world from July 23rd - 27th, 2008. These international, awe-inspiring vessels will be docked along the waterfront offering the public the unique opportunity to tour, sail and learn about our rich maritime history. This event is expected to draw more than one million people and widespread media attention. Tall Ship® festivals around the country bring out record crowds; target the family demographic and provide a huge increase in economic impact to the host city.

      We need volunteers in a variety of capacities. If you are interested in volunteering during the event please fill out the volunteer form on our website. Go to www.festivalofsail.org, click on  EVENT INFO and then VOLUNTEER. We will contact you closer to the event.

      If you have a bit more time and can assist now the following is a sample of some of the specific areas of need:

      1. Volunteer Recruitment – the Festival of Sail is looking for over 1,500 volunteers and we need assistance to spread the word

      2. Captain's Manual - help develop the official manual sent to each visiting ships' captain

      4. Crew Activities – help to create fun and interesting events and activities for the visiting crews to participate in during their stay such as securing complimentary museum tickets; organizing a trip to watch a Giant’s game and etc.

      5. International Village Community Outreach – working with local nonprofits and community groups to participate in the International Village

      Please email info@... if you are able to assist with any of the above areas immediately, otherwise complete the online Volunteer Signup form.

      For more information please visit www.festivalofsail.org.

      Joanne Fedeyko

      Executive Producer

      Festival of Sail San Francisco

      c/o The San Francisco Maritime National Park Association

      Suite 209, 330 Primrose Road

      Burlingame, CA 94010

      Mobile: (415) 307-1382

      Efax: (415) 358-9997

      Email: jfedeyko@...

      www.festivalofsail.org

      “It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.” - - Agnes Repplier

      Text of the attachment that accompanied Joanne's message:

      San Francisco Bay welcomes Tall Ships® from all over the world as they proudly sail under the Golden Gate Bridge and into the hearts of young and old for one week in July 2008! The awe-inspiring vessels will be docked along the waterfront offering the public the unique opportunity to tour, sail and learn.

      In addition to the ships' arrival, the entire waterfront will be transformed in to an international nautical attraction celebrating maritime past, present and future. With an abundance of family activities including cultural and musical entertainment, educational programs and events, Festival of Sail San Francisco will enchant and delight the Bay Area.

      Please join is in welcoming the Tall Ships® by participating in this exciting week. We welcome you to help in:

      Volunteer Recruitment

      – the Festival of Sail is looking for over 1,500 volunteers and we need assistance to spread the word.

      Captain’s Manual

      – we need volunteers to assist in developing the official manual sent to each visiting ship’s captain explaining the logistics for the Festival of Sail on San Francisco.

      Ship Liaisons

      – we need volunteers to act as ship liaisons for each of the Tall Ships who will participate in the Festival.

      Crew Activities

      – we need volunteers to create fun and interesting events and activities for the visiting crews to participate in during their stay such as securing complimentary tickets to interesting places or organizing trips and events that would be interesting to the crews.

      International Village Outreach

      – we need volunteers to work with local non-profits, international organizations, and community groups to increase and diversify participation in the International Village.

      Volunteers during the Festival

      – we need volunteers to sell beverages to the public, to distribute timed-tickets to the public allowing access to the ships, to manage the volunteers, and to manage the areas where the ships and the villages will be located.

      Please email

      info@... if you are able to assist with any of the above areas immediately, otherwise complete the online Volunteer Signup form by going to www.festivalofsail.org, click on EVENT INFO and then VOLUNTEER. We will contact you closer to the event.

      San Francisco Maritime National Park Association
      With over 1,800 members and a 57 year history, this group brings maritime history to life! Membership includes admission to the submarine USS PAMPANITO, a subscription to its newsletter "Update," a 15% discount at the Hyde Street Pier and PAMPANITO shops, advance notices of events, workshops, and lectures, a membership reception and in 2008 events associated with the Festival of Sail.
      http://www.maritime.org

      Festival of Sail 2008
      This event will showcase more than a dozen "tall ships" sailing into San Francisco Bay. There will be an interpretive educational village in the San Francisco Maritime National Park celebrating maritime history locally and globally! Several of the tall ships will visit ports around San Francisco Bay July 23rd - 28th. The USCG EAGLE is participating. Events and ticket arrangements will be announced.
      http://www.festivalofsail.org