Invitation: FuturePorts' Annual Conference 2014 STRONG PORTS = STRONG CALIFORNIA The Future is Now June 23

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2014

    Members and Friends,

    The council treasures our partnering relationship with FuturePorts, http://www.futureports.org. Just like our council’s relationship with the Bay Planning Coalition, we are on board philosophically with the mission purpose of these two organizations.

    I have rearranged my San Diego NLUS National Convention hotel reservation to stop in San Pedro for a couple of nights to attend this premier Southern California maritime event. We thank council member Elizabeth Warren, FuturePorts Executive Director, for offering council members a great discount to attend.

    The council has a contingent of members nearby but for many of us it is a long drive south to attend. I’ll again count noses to see who’s there so look for me!

    I note on the program that member Leslie Blakely, Executive Director, Coalition for America's Gateways and Trade Corridors returns to the West Coast. We caught her excellent presentation at the California Maritime Leadership Symposium in Sacrament last February. Member Frances Keeler is the moderator on the energy panel; with her environmental law background that should be interesting!

    Please pass the word to others about this event and the benefits of being a council member.

    Monday, June 23, 2014

    8:00am - 2:30pm

    Breakfast and registration starts at 7:30am

       The DoubleTree by Hilton San Pedro

        2800 Via Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro, CA 90731

    AGENDA

    For detailed information, please visit our website!

    WELCOME REMARKS

    Councilmember Joe Buscaino,
    City of Los Angeles, Council District 15

    MORNING KEYNOTE SPEAKER

    Hon. Mickey Kantor, Former U.S. Commerce Secretary,
    Former U.S. Trade Secretary, and Co-Chair of the Los Angeles 2020 Commission
    A Time For Action: Overview and Status Update of the
    LA 2020 Commission Findings

    SESSIONS

    GLOBAL COMPETITION:
    Who, What and Where Are California's Biggest Threats?
    Moderator: Dan Gardner, G.M. Protekto USA
    Darin Chidsey, Southern California Association of Governments
    Leslie Blakey, Coalition for America's Gateways and Trade Corridors

    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA'S STRENGTHS:
    Protecting our Assets to Retain our Market Share
    and Our Competitive Advantage
    Moderator: Gill Hicks, Cambridge Systematics
    Joel Szabat, Executive Director, US DOT, Maritime Administration
    Al Moro, Interim Executive Director, Port of Long Beach
    Gary Lee Moore, Interim Executive Director, Port of Los Angeles
    Iddo Benzeevi, President, Highland Fairview
    Scott Moore, Union Pacific Railroad

    ENERGY:
    Implementing Technology
    Moderator: Frances Keeler, Keesal Young & Logan
    Rick Cameron, Port of Long Beach
    Michael Christensen, Port of Los Angeles
    Jeff Burgin, Pasha Terminals

    CLOSING REMARKS

    Bill Mongelluzzo, Journal of Commerce

    REGISTRATION INFORMATION

    FuturePorts Members: $99

    Non-Members: $150

    Gov't/Non-Profit: $90

    Register Today! Space is Limited!

    Register here or visit FuturePorts.org for more information!

    THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!

    Become a Sponsor!

    For information, please contact Elizabeth Warren at ewarren@...

    Subscribe today for only $19.99!

    PO Box 768 * San Pedro, CA 90733-0768 * p 310.982.1323 f 877.309.1323
     FuturePorts.org

    Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.

    FuturePorts | PO Box 768 | San Pedro | CA | 90733