Assorted items of note...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2014
    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    We have invitations to attend two American Merchant Marine Academy Alumni
    Luncheons! First aboard the Red Oak Victory Tuesday, January 14, and the
    next Saturday, January 18, at the Sausalito Yacht Club. If interested I will
    send you information.

    Attending the California Maritime Academy Strategic Sealift Officer
    Midshipman Pinning Ceremony 1700 Friday 14 February 2014,
    http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PMMC-NLUS/conversations/messages/1399?
    Please let me know - a good attendance shows our interest in both the future
    of our nation's Merchant Marine as well as the California Maritime Academy.

    Again, council members are engaged in the California Maritime Leadership
    Symposium Wednesday and Thursday February 19 - 20 at the Sacramento
    Convention Center, http://www.maritimesymposium.com,
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-california-maritime-leadership-symposium-ti
    ckets-5602172248. Do hope to see many of you there!

    The council will be awarding its Theodore Roosevelt Youth Awards to worthy
    recipients in the USNSCC Arkansas Division and the USNSCC Band of the West.
    I'll let you know the date, time, and place for each ceremony; your company
    is welcome! Both occasions will midday during the divisions' Annual
    Inspection.

    We have some additional dates ahead but maybe you can suggest others.
    Invitations to share with our members are appreciated.

    How about a Pacific Merchant Marine Council newsletter? Anyone interested in
    re-establishing the council's newsletter Captain's Call? It won a first
    place NLUS award. Then I stepped up from Editor to President and something
    had to give, news seemed to become more frequent so this Yahoo Group E-mail
    news became our primary means of communications. Still is though additional
    social media is now used. Seeking an Newsletter Editor. The attached
    newsletter is a fine example of what I think it should look like and how it
    should be published - plus some hard copies for the few not receiving our
    E-mails.

    PACIFIC MERCHANT MARINE - Social media exclusively and everything current!
    Links.
    . https://www.facebook.com/PMMC.NLUS 83 Likes - immediate goal 100
    .
    http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Navy-League-United-States-Pacific-2544631?gid
    =2544631&mostPopular=&trk=tyah&trkInfo=tas%3APacific%20Merchant%20Marine%20C
    ouncil%2Cidx%3A1-1-1
    . https://twitter.com/NLUS_PMMC
    . https://www.xing.com/net/pri523c53x/nlus
    .
    http://www.seafolks.com/m/groups/view/PACIFIC-MERCHANT-MARINE-COUNCIL-NAVY-L
    EAGUE-OF-UNITED-STATES
    . Navy League Online Community
    http://207.127.18.164/council_sites/council_details.asp?id=PMM

    If your Navy League membership has expired or is soon up for renewal, please
    renew it. I can assist. Strongly suggest three years for $125. Dues increase
    of 30% starting April 1st. No its not April Fools. Yes, it would be nice if
    you would encourage others to join before the April 1 dues increase deadline
    or would gift a few memberships.

    We remain without some officer positions being filled. Volunteers needed and
    welcomed.

    Heave Ho for 2014!

    PMMC at cwo dot com | (916) 739-6949