December Luncheons and Dinners; Annual Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2013

      merchantmarines.jpg

      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      We have a choice of December luncheons and dinners to attend. I will endeavor to list the ones I know about. Your presence is welcome at each.

      ·         Ancient Mariner / Navy League Pearl Harbor Remembrance Luncheon. 1100 Friday, December 6, Oyster Point Yacht Club, 911 Marina Blvd. South San Francisco. Cost $35. Reservations essential. Contact Jeanne Martin, opyc1st at yahoo dot com / (650) 345-7029.

      ·         Navy League Stockton Council Pearl Harbor Remembrance Dinner, 1730 Saturday, December 7, Vereschagin Alumni House, University of the Pacific, Cost $25. Reservations by December 2. Contact Connie O’Dea (209) 242-4890 / connieodea at comcast dot net.

      ·         US Merchant Marine Academy Alumni San Francisco Chapter. Monthly luncheon, 1100 Tuesday, December 10, SS JEREMIAH O’BRIEN. Cost $15. Reservations by December 8; contact Bob Featherer, bobf12 at juno dot com / (707) 333-7127.

      ·         Navy League San Francisco Council. 1100 Tuesday, December 10, Scoma's Restaurant, Pier 47 on Al Scoma Way San Francisco. Invited guest speaker is RADM Thomas F. Brown III, USN (Ret.), Chairman of the Commissioning Committee, USS AMERICA (LPH 6). Anticipated cost $40. Contact for information and reservations: Angus Blackwood, Council President, Angus at ourwhitespace dot com / (650) 799-8143.

      ·         Navy League West Contra Costa Council, 1800 Tuesday, December 10, La Strada Restaurant, 2215 Church Lane, San Pablo (at San Pablo Avenue). Cost: $40. Deadline for reservations December 6. Personnel aboard the USCG Cutter Tern will be honored. Contact Council President Paul Soltow, Council President, psoltow at sbcglobal dot net / (510) 222-0741.

      ·         American Merchant Marine Veterans Sacramento Valley Chapter Holiday Luncheon, 1100 December 10, Buca di Beppo Restaurant, 1249 Howe Avenue, Sacramento. $20. Contact President Ken Blue, (530) 477-1908 / ken1 at nccn dot net.

      For sure wife Teddy and I will be at the AMMC Holiday Luncheon in Sacramento. Not so sure about attending any of the other events. At the conclusion of that luncheon the council will have its “Annual Meeting” Nominations will close for officers and directors serving in 2014. All 2013 officers and directors have agreed to stay in place for another year. We still have vacant positions – please notify me if you volunteer to step up from member to officer or director for the coming year. Election and installation of 2014 officers and directors will take place at the annual meeting. If you have an objections please notify me before the 10th; otherwise, you will be considered to agree in the affirmative.

      Happy Thanksgiving!

      President / Executive Director

      Find the council on Yahoo Groups, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, XING, and elsewhere.