Wreaths Across America: Merchant Marine Veterans Patriot Wreath

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2013
      Wreaths Across America

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwaastore.3dcartstores.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2FWAA%2520RHT%2520Logo%2520New%2520-%2520invoice%2520-%2520tiny.jpg&t=1516165343&sig=f9CFHac5epQBvE3yR1Aaag--~D

      Ahoy Members and Friends,

      We think daily about our American Merchant Marine Veterans who have passed over the bar. Veterans Day is a great day to order wreaths to be placed on their gravesites at National Cemeteries across the USA and also get a wreath for your own home or apartment or obtain a wreath to personally place on a gravesite at a private cemetery.

      Wreaths Across America 2013, http://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org, is offering a pair special that will accomplish just that! National Wreaths Across America Day is Saturday, December 14th this year. Our Arkansas Division Sea Cadets and the Band of the West Sea Cadets Division will again be engaged in ceremonies.

      Below is a photo of the wreath and some information from the website. Let’s individually “Heave Ho” and order wreaths. Your Pacific Merchant Marine Council has.

      merchantmarines.jpg

      Merchant Marine Veterans Patriot Wreath (Part Number MM-MTPP)

      Remember | Honor | & Teach

      Our mission, Remember, Honor, Teach, is carried out in part by coordinating wreath laying ceremonies a specified Saturday in December at Arlington, as well as veterans’ cemeteries and other locations in all 50 states, ceremonies at sea, and 24 national cemeteries on foreign soil. Remember the fallen who gave up their tomorrows with family and loved ones, so that we can enjoy ours. Honor those who serve, the men and women of the armed forces who put themselves in harm's way. Teach our children about the freedoms we enjoy each day, and they great cost at which they were purchased. When you buy the Military Tribute Patriot Pair you buy two wreaths:  the flagged wreath will be sent to the home or business address of your choice and the second wreath which is the same wreath that is placed on Veteran's graves across the nation will be placed during the annual wreath ceremonies at one of our participating location. Shipping of the Military Tribute Patriot Pair wreath will not start until November  17'".

      Please note one of these wreaths will be shipped to you or the home or business address of your choice, if you are looking for wreaths to go to one of our participating locations only please check out our Individual Wreath Sponsorships. Please note: The Wreaths Across America national office is not able to accommodate grave' specific requests. Sponsoring a wreath in memory of someone does not indicate what grave the wreath will be placed on. Please allow at least 3 business days for your order to be completely processed, so choose your ship date accordingly.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2013

        Ahoy Members and Friends,

        Final call to contribute for one or more wreaths and to designate a specific cemetery(s). Thanks to you who have or will engage in this special remembrance effort. Note the “Schedule of Events” below as well as a bit of history and our original message.

        The Merchant Marine Veterans Patriot Wreath the council ordered has arrived. It will be placed on display as appropriate and then on the 14th placed beside a Merchant Marine Veteran grave marker.

        It would be nice if someone procured wreaths for the O’BRIEN and the memorials dockside at the prow of the ship. The luncheon aboard December 10th would be an ideal occasion for a wreath ceremony.

        ____________________________

        In 2007, the Worcester Family, along with veterans, and others who helped with their annual Christmas wreath ceremony in Arlington, formed the non-profit Wreaths Across America (WAA) to continue and expand the effort by supporting other groups around the country who wanted to do the same.  Wreaths Across America continues the Arlington tradition nationwide and overseas as part of its mission to remember, honor and teach.

        In 2012, Wreaths Across America with a national network of volunteers laid over 420,000 memorial wreaths at over 800 locations in the United States and beyond. WAA accomplished this with help from 1382 fundraising groups, many corporate contributions, and donations of trucking, shipping, and thousands of helping hands. Our annual pilgrimage from Harrington, Maine to Arlington National Cemetery is known as the world’s largest veteran’s parade, stopping at schools, monuments, veteran’s homes and communities all along the way to remind people how important it is to remember, honor and teach.

        Proceeds place a wreath at one of the participating cemeteries; help support our fundraising partners, educational and veterans services outreach. Please note that all sponsorships are sent directly to the location and no wreaths are sent to the individuals purchasing sponsorships.

        We welcome all to join us at any Wreaths Across America ceremony. If you would like to participate or help bring sponsored wreaths to your local community, please contact us and we will help connect you with other groups already working in your area.

        Schedule of Events

        Monday, December 2, 2013 – Last Day to Receive Sponsorships

        To allow time for shipping, all wreath sponsorships must be received by this date.  Any sponsorships received after this date will be processed for next year’s ceremony.

        Sunday, December 8, 2013

        Start of World’s Longest Veterans Parade from Maine to participating locations

        all across the Country

        Monday, December 9, 2013

        State House wreath-laying ceremonies in all 50 States and Puerto Rico

        Saturday December 14, 12:00 noon (EST), 9:00 AM (PST)

        Simultaneous wreath laying ceremonies at over 750 locations all across the World.

        For more information visit www.WreathsAcrossAmerica.org,  or call 877-385-9504.

        You can also email Marcy@... or info@...