Captain Richard Phillips spoke at the National Press Club and...

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2013
      Did you attend the local premiere of Captain Phillips?  http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PMMC-NLUS/conversations/topics/1368
      Captain Richard Phillips spoke at the National Press Club about the pirate attack and current U.S. maritime threats. http://www.maritime-executive.com/article/Captain-Phillips-Tells-Press-Club-US-Maritime-Matters-2013-10-11/
      New Subjects:
      ·         Keep up with the Navy League of the United States Pacific Merchant Marine Council on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter as well as this Yahoo group - http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PMMC-NLUS. For the extensive list of links:  http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PMMC-NLUS/links/all. To post, send your edited notice to PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com.
      ·         Pacific Merchant Marine Council member Ken Blue, President of the Sacramento Valley Chapter of the American Merchant Marine Veterans is being recognized by the Navy League’s Sacramento Council, Saturday, October 26. Details on the luncheon: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PMMC-NLUS/conversations/topics/1377 You likely received the bio Ken submitted for the occasion October 9th.
      ·         Anticipate a postcard announcement of the 2013 Ancient Mariners/Navy League Pearl Harbor attack remembrance luncheon, Oyster Point Yacht Club, Friday, December 6th. For last year’s announcement see http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PMMC-NLUS/conversations/topics/1273 attachments. We thank Jeanne Martin for the yeoman’s work she does each year for this special event. To reach her telephone (650) 274 3731 or E-mail  opyc1st at yahoo dot com.
      ·         Our council fourth quarter holiday luncheon will be Tuesday, December 10 aboard the O’BRIEN. We will also have a short meeting to elect/reelect our officers and directors for 2014. We need volunteers willing to take a position. All dues paid-up members are eligible and encouraged to submit their names. Last year’s initial announcement with attachments: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PMMC-NLUS/conversations/topics/1268.
      (916) 739-6949 / PMMC at cwo.com