Invitation: SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN Cruise to the Alameda Ready Reserve Fleet! October 12

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2013
      SS Jeremiah O'Brien

      fleet-week-lite.png

      Ahoy,

      Come aboard the Pacific Merchant Marine Council’s adopted National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH O’BRIEN Saturday, October 12. Details below. Hey, it’s big, grey, saw duty in WWII, still gets underway, and we have her here in the heart of the Pacific Central Region! You can read more about her at http://www.ssjeremiahobrien.org. She a national treasure and she deserves our support. If you think a yacht is expensive to maintain, try a vintage steamship!

      She is a great family outing, fun aboard will be the order of the day. Be sure to wear your Navy League lapel pin and slip a few membership applications in your pocket or purse. We can cry in our beer (or soda) that the Navy is not showing up this year. For public information on what’s left of San Francisco Fleet Week 2013 visit http://www.fleetweek.us and http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_24240340/no-air-show-parade-ships-fleet-week.

      All aboard who’s coming aboard Saturday, October 12.

      Phelps

      PS You will see the council’s charter and adoption certificate aboard in hold #2. If you would like to have lunch aboard save the date, Tuesday, December 10.

      Saturday, October 12, 2013

      Boarding 9am, Sailing 10am to 2pm

      Since the fleet is not coming to the Bay Area, the O'BRIEN will take cruising fans to the Bay Area's fleet. This is a one-day-only cruise for Saturday, October 12, 2013.

      The Maritime Administration Ready Reserve Fleet is a group of ships waiting for a call to action. They occupy the piers of the former Alameda Naval Air Station in a 5 day standby call up status. They are part of the nation's quick response sealift capacity; former commercial ships with a new government mission. See them up close and hear of their past lives and current mission. No one else offers this tour.

      The cruise is planned to take a scenic swing under the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco waterfront, thence to Alameda. The return to Pier 45 will take the ship under the new Bay Bridge span. The time will be from 10am to 2pm for a nice weather window.

      Natural Gas Jazz Band will provide the tunes, dancing is encouraged. Hot dogs, deli-sandwiches, cookies/ice cream are available for purchase with complimentary beverages to keep you hydrated.

      LIVE MUSIC
      By Natural Gas Jazz Band

      ---

      MEALS FOR PURCHASE
      Hot Dogs, Sandwiches, Ice Cream

      ---

      COMPLIMENTARY LIBATIONS
      Water, Soda, Beer and Wine

      Don't sequester your fun. Come cruise with us in October!

      Order online for Fleet Week Lite
      fleet-week-lite.eventbrite.com

      Or call 415-544-0100 (9am to 4pm, Mon-Fri)

      Quick overview of the cruise:

      • We're cruising Saturday, October 12, 2013. Sailing from 10am to 2pm. Boarding begins at 9am.
      • There is no air show or parade of ships.
      • If the fleet can't come to us, we will go to them: We will cruise out around Alcatraz, out to the Golden Gate Bridge, back along the SF waterfront to the Ready Reserve Fleet in Alameda, then return under the new Eastern span of the Bay Bridge.
      • Music will be provided by Natural Gas Jazz Band.
      • Hot dogs, sandwiches and ice cream will be available for purchase.
      • All drinks (water, soda, beer and wine) are complimentary. Please drink responsibly.
      • Tickets are $125 for all passengers.

      Questions about the SS Jeremiah O'Brien? Call the office at (415) 544-0100 (Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm), or email us at liberty@.... Visit online at ssjeremiahobrien.org.
      Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/ssjeremiahobrien

      The National Liberty Ship Memorial, Inc.
      1275 Columbus Ave Suite 300
      San Francisco, CA 94133-1315

      The National Liberty Ship Memorial, 1275 Columbus Avenue, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94133

      Unsubscribe | Privacy policy