Re: Action in the North Atlantic (1943) on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) 0815 PST Thursday 21 February

  • scclg
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2008
      If you saw the presentation of Action in the North Atlantic you got a hint of why I consider it a unique honor and privilege to be the president of the Pacific Merchant Marine Council and to associate with American Merchant Marine Veterans.

      I hope you too feel something special being a part of our new council.  With an overriding mission to support United States flag merchant shipping and crews of United States citizens we are a unique Navy League council.

      It is also fitting that our council's first adoption was the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN. What a treasure Adm. Patterson and his crew rescued from the MARAD reserve fleet.

      Right after installation at our December 10th luncheon I signed up to be a member of the crew. If you are not on-board, no time like the here an now to join as well, http://www.ssjeremiahobrien.org/membership.html

      It won't be a lot of money unless we get a considerably larger attendance at our luncheons but $8 of each $20 luncheon-meeting charge is going toward the preservation of the ship.

      Anchors Aweigh,

      Phelps

      PS Have you sent in your check to reserve a place at our 10 March luncheon-meeting?

      Re: Action in the North Atlantic (1943) on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) 0815 PST Thursday 21 February

      --- In PMMC-NLUS@yahoogroups.com, "Phelps Hobart" <nlsac@...> wrote:

      Heads Up - Pass the Word.

      Action in the North Atlantic returns this morning.

      Consider purchase or rental of the DVD.