Invitation: Sacramento Council 2013 SeaPower Luncheon, Saturday, October 26

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2013

    Ahoy Members and Friends,

    You likely know I am a Sacramento Council Vice President.

    Below is an invitation to the council’s annual SeaPower Luncheon Saturday, October 26. I hope you will consider it a good excuse to travel the distance to attend. McClellan is really North Highlands – still inside Sacramento County but just to the north of the city of Sacramento – out I-80.

    One of our members Ken Blue is scheduled to be recognized for his and the United States Merchant Marine service during WWII.

    The Pacific Merchant Marine Council contributed financially to the Navy League’s STEM initiative when it was announced a few years ago. It is worthy of continued support. To see what’s up visit: http://www.navyleague.org/stem.

    NLUS Friends of the Sea Services –

    The 10th annual Navy League SeaPower Luncheon will be held Saturday October 26th at LIONSGATE Conference Center.  Attached and is an electronic version of the Flyer/Invite. It’s reproduced below.

    Please attend and please use this freely with friends, family, associates, and organizations you belong to.  This year’s event will be inspiring and enlightening and I want to encourage as many to come out as possible.  Please be tireless in your efforts. Much appreciated.

    John Meyers

    Vice President

    Sacramento Council

    John.Meyers at intel dot com

    The attached invitation:

    NLUS Logo

    SeaPower Luncheon

    Saturday, October 26th, 2013

    1100 to 1400 hours

    Lions Gate Restaurant & Conference Center

    (former McClellan AFB Officers Club)

    3410 Westover Street, McClellan Business Park

    McClellan, CA 95652

    Join us Saturday, October 26th 2013 for the 10th annual SeaPower Luncheon in honor of the men and women who proudly serve in the Sea Services of the United States. This year’s Luncheon theme is S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) A National Strategic Imperative with the sub theme: why S.T.E.M. educated workforce is critical to our National Security and National Economic well-being. Our esteem panel of speakers will be representing one of  three points of view on the subject of STEM. CDR Thomas Jones USN ret Sr. Naval Science Instructor Navy JROTC (Education), Mr. Paul Meyer Sr. VP Advanced Programs & Business Development, Aerojet Corp (Industry), and CAPT Gregory Burg USCG, 11th Coast Guard District (Military-Sea Services) will share from their experience the important role a STEM educated workforce plays in terms of our national security and economic interests.

    In addition you will be inspired by the professional presentation of Colors by Naval Sea Cadets, and a program designed to highlight and recognize the Sea Service Commands, Personnel and Youth Organizations in our community. There will also be a special recognition of local Sea Service veterans, and a special cake cutting ceremony in recognition of the United States Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and U.S. Flag Merchant Marine.

    All are welcome to attend, and we are confident you will be inspired and enlightened by the Luncheon Program. If you represent an organization or want to invite friends and family and wish to reserve a table please contact John Meyers @ 916-356-6314. An information packet will be sent on how to reserve individual or group seating. We look forward to seeing you at the 2012 SeaPower Luncheon! We look forward to seeing you at the 2013 SeaPower Luncheon!

    Navy League – Citizen in support of the Sea Services”

    Navy League of the United States

    The Navy League of the United States was founded in 1902 and gained considerable notoriety through the support of President Theodore Roosevelt. The Navy League is a non-profit 501c(3) National Organization Headquartered in Washington DC and supported by over 327 Navy League Councils worldwide.

    Mission Statement

    A civilian organization dedicated to informing the American people and their government that the United States of America is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well being are dependent upon strong sea services – United States Navy, United States Marine Corps, United States Coast Guard and United States Merchant Marine.

    Organization Goals

    ×            Educate citizens, national and local leaders

    ×            Support the men and women of the sea services

    ×            Provide assistance to the sea services

    ×            Support Sea Services oriented youth programs

    www.navyleaguesacramento.org