Oct 12: Fleet Week Lite - Cruise to the Alameda Ready Reserve Fleet
SS Jeremiah O'BrienFleet Week LiteCruise to the Alameda Ready Reserve Fleeton the SS Jeremiah O'Brien
Saturday, October 12, 2013Boarding 9am, Sailing 10am to 2pm
Since the fleet is not coming to the Bay Area, the O'BRIEN will take cruising fans to the Bay Area's fleet. This is a one-day-only cruise for Saturday, October 12, 2013.
The Maritime Administration Ready Reserve Fleet is a group of ships waiting for a call to action. They occupy the piers of the former Alameda Naval Air Station in a 5 day standby call up status. They are part of the nation's quick response sealift capacity; former commercial ships with a new government mission. See them up close and hear of their past lives and current mission. No one else offers this tour.
The cruise is planned to take a scenic swing under the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco waterfront, thence to Alameda. The return to Pier 45 will take the ship under the new Bay Bridge span. The time will be from 10am to 2pm for a nice weather window.
Natural Gas Jazz Band will provide the tunes, dancing is encouraged. Hot dogs, deli-sandwiches, cookies/ice cream are available for purchase with complimentary beverages to keep you hydrated.
By Natural Gas Jazz Band
MEALS FOR PURCHASE
Hot Dogs, Sandwiches, Ice Cream
Water, Soda, Beer and Wine
Don't sequester your fun. Come cruise with us in October!
Order online for Fleet Week Lite
Or call 415-544-0100 (9am to 4pm, Mon-Fri)
Quick overview of the cruise:
- We're cruising Saturday, October 12, 2013. Sailing from 10am to 2pm. Boarding begins at 9am.
- There is no air show or parade of ships.
- If the fleet can't come to us, we will go to them: We will cruise out around Alcatraz, out to the Golden Gate Bridge, back along the SF waterfront to the Ready Reserve Fleet in Alameda, then return under the new Eastern span of the Bay Bridge.
- Music will be provided by Natural Gas Jazz Band.
- Hot dogs, sandwiches and ice cream will be available for purchase.
- All drinks (water, soda, beer and wine) are complimentary. Please drink responsibly.
- Tickets are $125 for all passengers.
Questions about the SS Jeremiah O'Brien? Call the office at (415) 544-0100 (Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm), or email us at liberty@.... Visit online at ssjeremiahobrien.org.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/ssjeremiahobrien
The National Liberty Ship Memorial, Inc.
1275 Columbus Ave Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94133-1315